PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Fiddler's Green Modeling Madness

Old 09-03-2012, 11:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 6.63 MB
I did not have the chance to know Chip Fyn...but, for all things mentioned here, he was a great person, and designer. Peace in his final resting place...
Old 09-03-2012, 11:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 121.90 MB
It is sad heard of Chip passing. He will be missed.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:42 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
Just a quick note to anyone that wants to get the skymaster kit from ecard - if you only order freebies please choose check/money order so I can manually approve it. here is a direct link to make finding it a bit easier. You will be missed Chip!
Chris
1/31 Cessna 337 Skymaster N108CC Paper Model - ECardmodels.com Shop - Downloadable models and
Old 09-03-2012, 01:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 35.81 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengt Fredén View Post

I have always loved reading his lenghty and very interesting historical descriptions to the airplane models.
I have to agree... I never actually completed one of the models, but enjoyed the site and the wealth of information.

He'll be missed. Glad to hear his son will be carrying on.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to treadhead1952
I am saddened by the loss of one of paper model buildings true giants. I only had the opportunity to correspond with Chip via the computer as I was getting started working my way into paper modeling and he was always encouraging, going out of his way to offer suggestions, and making one feel that the next one will always be better. Having purchased his entire collection over a period of a few months is going to be considered one of my best investments.

I am sure that he is up there slicing and dicing, gluing and pasting, in general, having a ball. That his son is going to carry on the banner and keep it out there to help introduce the hobby to future generations does lighten things up a bit.
Google Adsense
Old 09-04-2012, 05:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 469.82 MB
The first news I had of Chip's passing was the very sad email from his son Scott. What can I say, but I cried as if I had lost a family member which is true in some way. My first forray into this wonderful world of paper modelling was as a direct result of coming accross some of Chip's postcard models at the RAF Tattoo back in the year dot. Needless to say but I had many years of email correspondence with him and not all about card modelling as he told me that he had live in the UK and knew Swindon and its infamous "Magic Roundabout" and as a non native the cause of much head scratching to navigate it. For those who wish to know, it is a traffic junction for muliple roads, look it up for more info.
Anyway I will miss hyis presence in this world.
R.I.P. Chip. And all my condolences to his family for there loss.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 55.09 MB
I'm very sad to hear of Chip's passing.I first purchased a set of his postcard models from a Fine Scale Modeler ad back in 1997.We exchanged a few letters back and forth during that year as well.As others have posted,he will be sorely missed.....Blue skies Chip.

Douglas
Old 09-04-2012, 06:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 97.13 MB
Wow...

My condolences.

It's a sad day.

Mike
Old 09-04-2012, 06:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 89.24 MB
Sad loss to the modeling community ---

I have been a part of Fiddlersgreen for over five years and have always wondered what it would have been like to know Chip on a personal basis. His son Scott wrote such a wonderful email about his dad, that I now wish I had the opportunity to meet the man. As many have already said, he will be missed by all who got to "know" him from FG. In my few contacts with him through FG I found him personable, patient, generous, and kind with his help.

I just finished the Lancaster and would like to dedicate that build to Chip --- ake her home Chip!

Old 09-04-2012, 08:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 29.49 MB
Very nice dedication and nice looking Lanc.

Can I ask what scale and max wing span?

Swampfox
Google Adsense