PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Fiddler's Green Modeling Madness

Old 04-09-2010, 07:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 1,012.17 MB
Kudos to Chip for his prize offerings! I built a few of the post card models back in the day and still enjoy them now. It's also very nice to see how this community has embraced the current contest. I think that it's setting a record for numbers of build threads and that's just great.

Curt.
Old 04-10-2010, 08:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.09 MB
Chips thank you very much for your generosity. I started this hobby thanks your models so I'll be always grateful.

Silveroxide your method is only applicable for a private model with reduced distribution for a commercial model you need the instructions. If I buy a model I want the instructions.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 6.88 MB
Long time away, but I'm back

Chip,

I got started in paper modelling thanks to you and the need to decorate for our 2003 Dining Out (1940's style "Wing Ding"). I have no idea where all of the pictures went, but thanks to team of scissor-challenged volunteers we build and suspended 88 WW-II aircraft from the Lackland AFB Gateway Club ceiling.

I've since build and presented your models as going-away gifts for both my troops and commanders, especially Joe Cangero's World Trade Center. I must've built that stupid thing over 20 times by now. The two most notable builds are the 3' tall (poster board) build on display in our "Heritage Hallway," and one I did several deployments ago that resides in the commander's conference room at the Combined Air and Space Operations Center in sunny Southwest Asia.

I've even made grown men cry with your models! First was when a commander of mine retired in 2006, and I presented him with 1/24 scale versions of the Tuskeegee P-51 Mustangs (pictures on your P-51 collection page https://www.fiddlersgreen.net/models...ollection.html). In 2008, I built the Portland Head lighthouse to go along with a motivational poster on Vision (Wallsthatspeak.com Inspirational Posters Vision Lighthouse Motivational Poster) we presented to our chaplain, a Vietnam veteran and all-around REALLY great guy, when he retired. Both he and his wife cried.

I've repainted several models and on several occasions I've attempted to complete entire designs, but as soon as I get about halfway done something comes up and I'm gone. My OA-37 dragonfly died with a hard drive a few years ago, and I'm still not happy with my progress in the C-130 series. I haven't quit, but they've been sitting awhile.

I hope to be able to get back to building, modifying, ugrading and designing again soon. That is, provided that I don't have to go on another "extended vacation."

I'm glad to see that everyone else thinks of you as fondly as I have since the first day I stumbled onto your site. Even my forum name came from you, since you are the first person I let call me "Sarge." You meant it with respect, and we here have nothing but that for you.

Thanks and blessing to you, Annie, and all your westies!

Edward Merica
"The Sarge"
Old 07-23-2010, 09:51 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
Sarge,
Thanks for that nice posting old pal.

I'm wondering if I have your latest email addresss..
Could you please shot me an email to be sure?

Sarge, I'd love to pick your brains about how to get free downloadable cardmodels to hospitalized vets. We tried a couple years ago but immediately saw the project needed a lot more focused effort than I alone could provide. Perhaps there are a few forum members with a little time to donate to this noble cause ??

I'm pretty confident that most designers would offer their models as well. And it sure would help this great hobby of cardmodeling, IMHO

Chip

Annie, Westies (all two of 'em) are doing great.. thanks
Old 07-23-2010, 10:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 6.88 MB
You know I'm in San Antonio, right? Brooks Army Medical Center is 20 minues away from my house! I just finished a fund-raiser in May for Operation Comfort, where we raised money to help disabled vets complete a Ford Shelby Cobra (replica) kit car. It's sweeeeeet!!

So, to see this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Fyn View Post
Sarge,
Sarge, I'd love to pick your brains about how to get free downloadable cardmodels to hospitalized vets. We tried a couple years ago but immediately saw the project needed a lot more focused effort than I alone could provide. Perhaps there are a few forum members with a little time to donate to this noble cause ??
Lemme call the Operation Comfort folks back, and I'll set you up with a direct line. I think I can even get the Security Hill Top-III to send me out to buy scissors (Fiskars fine sewing are great), glue, card stock and Sharpies.

I'll email you my updated contact info.

Thanks!
Google Adsense
Old 07-23-2010, 11:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Hi Chip,

Just read this thread for the first time.

Sure is good to hear you have a plan to out maneuver the crooks!

Like some of the others, I have you to THANK for getting started in this great hobby!

If it hadn't been for your models, I wouldn't have met and found such a great bunch of modelers here!!!

Thank you!!

Best regards,
Mike Bauer
Old 07-24-2010, 10:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Let me add my thanks for your immense contribution to the craft over the years, Chip, and for your friendship and generosity.

Hope we will see you in October at the International Paper Model Convention in Sterling,Virginia, near Dulles Airport, 22-24 October.
http://www.ipmc-info.org/
2010 International Paper Model Convention

Always lots of FG models and modelers there!

Don

Tags
collection, dvd, fgmm, fiddlersgreen.net, prizes