PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Figurines and Anime

Old 10-23-2010, 03:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 3.37 MB
1/60 SD Gundam HAZEL WIP

Started this build couple weeks ago. Got my camera out and everything. But I was having so much fun building it. I forgot to take pictures till now.

This model from PaperTang. You have to build one of his free download. Send him the pictures of the finished model. Then Tang will email you one of his special model. In my case. I asked for this one. I like how Tang make people build his model in order to get other model. It makes me feel like I really earned it and want to build it and get something else. That way, people don't just download his models into the hard drive, and never to see the day light.

I'm not all that crazy about the Gundam usual red, white and blue. So I recolored with gray tone. I just wish I would tone down the black outlines too. Don't know how I would forgot doing that.

I usually would scale to fit model on A3 paper. But this is a 1/60 Gundam. So I didn't scale it up this time. Cause I want to keep it in line with my other 1/60 plastic Gundam.

The head is a model by itself. A lot of little parts. But, do you see that two little "x" on the back. Something should goes there. But the instruction didn't show anything. Guess I have to wait to see if any parts leftover, and mabe that's what goes there. Other thing. I know it is a SD model. But the head is fitting way too tight to the body. Not room to turn at all.

The instructions miss label M-10 in section #2. That should be M-1. If you got this model. Look out for that. I think something else miss label too. But I'm not sure till I get there.

In page "V" yellow. One of the v-2 part on the right. The screen is off alignment. So I just delete the bad one, copy and paste the good one in.

Check out the model. How cool is that! I'm already thinking about doing a next one with idol paint schemes. Anyway, to be continue........... Thanks for looking. Hope you enjoy the pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
1/60 SD Gundam HAZEL WIP-dsc_0036.jpg   1/60 SD Gundam HAZEL WIP-dsc_0037.jpg   1/60 SD Gundam HAZEL WIP-dsc_0038.jpg   1/60 SD Gundam HAZEL WIP-dsc_0039.jpg   1/60 SD Gundam HAZEL WIP-dsc_0040.jpg  

1/60 SD Gundam HAZEL WIP-dsc_0041.jpg   1/60 SD Gundam HAZEL WIP-dsc_0042.jpg   1/60 SD Gundam HAZEL WIP-dsc_0044.jpg   1/60 SD Gundam HAZEL WIP-dsc_0045.jpg   1/60 SD Gundam HAZEL WIP-dsc_0046.jpg  

1/60 SD Gundam HAZEL WIP-dsc_0047.jpg   1/60 SD Gundam HAZEL WIP-dsc_0048.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 10-23-2010, 04:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via AIM to SEBRET
A good start, will watch intently.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 3.37 MB
Got the waist done. Just box and box and boxes, and more boxes. Made my first big boo boo. I glued B-3 down before c-5. By the time I realized I screw up. Glue already dry and no way to remove B-3 with out destroying all that wonderful boxes I just built. So I did some cutting on C-5 and glued in place. Hey, don't look bad at all. One can't tell that's a boo boo.

In Section #4. There are four ammo mags U-8/S-1. Two on each side, fix to hip plates B-4. Check the instruction line drawing carefully and look at the photos in Tang's site. All showing both L/R ammo mag pointing the same direction. So if you only follow the placement patten on the hip plate. You will end up with R side of ammo mag pointing to the rear. Better to glue the hip plates to the waist first, then the mags. Other thing, I didn't do a very good job building the mags cover U-8(yellow parts). Cause I was watching Paranormal States on tv ......and that kind of affected my modeling skill a little.

In section #5. The instructions call for gluing down C-3 to X-1 first(six small rocket exhaust nozzles). Then glue them down on C-1L/C-1(butt plates) in section #6. I didn't follow that. I was thinking if I did follow the instructions in Section #5. It could make thing harder for me to glue them to butt plates C-1L/C-1R without damaging the nozzles( C-3). So I glue all the X-1 to the butt plates first, then the C-3. .......work out great.

The next sections are hands. But I think I would wait till I finished the arms in later section before I'll build the hands. So, next up are feet and legs. To be continue..........

Isn't it cool!
Attached Thumbnails
1/60 SD Gundam HAZEL WIP-dsc_0049.jpg   1/60 SD Gundam HAZEL WIP-dsc_0050.jpg   1/60 SD Gundam HAZEL WIP-dsc_0051.jpg   1/60 SD Gundam HAZEL WIP-dsc_0052.jpg   1/60 SD Gundam HAZEL WIP-dsc_0054.jpg  

1/60 SD Gundam HAZEL WIP-dsc_0055.jpg  
Old 10-25-2010, 10:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 12.95 MB
your building looks great so far goodduck!
Old 10-25-2010, 03:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.0 KB
That looks really awesome goodduck!! I love it!
Google Adsense
Old 10-25-2010, 06:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Going together well and with amazingly clean lines.

Top notch build Allen!

I have this thread on *watch*. =)