great build
Old 12-08-2010, 01:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 3.37 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by papekuraviewer View Post
wow, your build is so clean , rather than me :(
can you give some advise to how to build like that,

great build
Thanks, I'll try. I goes slow, apply glue with toothpick to the tab and glue them one tab at a time. Making sure it hold before moving on to the next tab. I use Aleenes tacky glue. It hold really fast, almost like super glue. I will have a lightly moisten towel on the side. Every time I done handling glued part. I would rub my fingers on it to get glue residue off before handling parts again. If somehow I got glue on surface or excess glue between glue tabs. I will gently rub it off with a rubber cement eraser(Best Test Pik-Up). It will remove most, if not all dry glue. It works really well with Aleenes tacky glue, but only if I already sprayed 3~4 coats of clear fixative at the beginning before the build. If the surface not protected with clear coats or the clear coats are too light. The eraser not only pick up the dry glue, but texture too. And sometime it even break surface. So, go slow and protect the surface with fixative. Dry fit parts before applying glue. But, most times, it was just dumb luck that I built a clean model.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
wow, i guess patience is the key to make a clean model ??
i hope i have a patience like you

what is your next build ??
Old 12-08-2010, 10:38 PM

Well, I'm a multitasker, got a lot on my dinner plate. By not focus on one project, things coming a bit slow for everything. But it help me not to get burnout on a project or stuck on a problem. Most time, when I'm working on something, I would solved problem I had with some other project.

First., I went back to the 1/60 SD Gundam Hazel I got from PaperTang. Working on the legs right now. ...... not this very moment.

Next is the Savoia .S21 from Proco Rosso. Starting to unfold the early engine first. Having some problem with the curves. The unfold program want to cut the curve to million pieces. The same problem I run into when I was doing my flaptter Folletto. I fixed the flaptter curves problem in PS, I redrew it. So I'm going try to do the same with Savoia's engine in PS too. Other thing was, I think the way I designed the horizontal stabilizer to mount to the vertical stabilizer is way too complicated, over kill. Think I should going back to simplify the design somewhat. I'm using a 1/32 P47 commercial paper kit as reference.

Then the 1/18 MRAP suspension that I WAS working on. I said WAS cause I accidentally over write the file and closed it. I can't go back and undo. Backup was set in auto, so, that's more then several hrs of works gone! ........sigh. That happen some time when I'm multitasking, switching from file to file. My eyes undressing my wife, my brain in the lollipop land, and my fingers hitting all the wrong keys. I'm going to have to start all over with the rough model again.......sigh.

Last is the 707R. I still not sure what scale I'm going to build it in. As is now is twenty inches long. But most likely, I'm going to scale it to 1/200 when I find out the exact length of the sub. That seem to be the popular scale for ship paper model. The more I looking at it. The more I want to go back and start all over again to see if I can redesign the hull a little better.

On top of all that. I also building couple of plastic 1/72 Macross Frontier valkyrie kits. Both snap kit, so I don't have to paint them. I don't paint plastic kits anymore, too lazy. ............ what? No, I don't need to sleep. Plenty of time for me to sleep when I die.
Attached Thumbnails
Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-03.jpg   Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-01.jpg   Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-02.jpg  
Old 12-09-2010, 09:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
btw, what software that you use to design a papercraft ??

i want to learn to
Google Adsense
Old 12-09-2010, 01:16 PM

I'm using Rhinoceros. It is a CAD program, not designed for paper modeling but for products design tho. I'm self taught, so I really don't know every thing and what every tools use for in there. Just enough to get what I need done. Beside designing paper model with it. I can rework the same 3d models and redesign them for plastic production model, or 3d print them out for resin and vinyl casting. That's something I actively trying to get into. Rhino 4.0 I paid $700 sale price, a whole lot cheaper then Autodesk Inventor for $8K+, 3ds Max or Maya for about $4K+(?). Although I only paid $400 for my original Maya 8.5 at ebay, I still like Rhino more.