PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Figurines and Anime

Old 11-04-2010, 02:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 3.37 MB
Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP

Wanzer from Front Mission Evolved. The original model is letter size, and I just can not resists scaling it up to A3. Check out the size. next to it is the 1/60 scale Gundam Nazel that I was working on(I putting that and my Savoia S.21 on hold till the Wanzer done).

First thing I did was personalize my mecha with pilot call sing "Good Duck" and WW2 style noise art "Wild Child". Think I painted the noise art a little too far in tho. Next time I'll push it back out more. One little thing that disappointing was the waist. It didn't warp all the way around, about 1/8" short. I don't think it is me screwing up gluing it. I did a good job on that. Got to be the model. Other thing concern me is the waist joint. Since I scale it up so big. I'm not sure will it hold all that weight. But for now, I'll let it be and see how thing turn out.
Attached Thumbnails
Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-1.jpg   Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-2.jpg   Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-3.jpg   Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-4.jpg   Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-5.jpg  

Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-6.jpg   Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-7.jpg   Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-8.jpg   Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-9.jpg   Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-10.jpg  

Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-11.jpg   Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-12.jpg   Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-13.jpg   Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-14.jpg   Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-15.jpg  

Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-16.jpg   Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-17.jpg   Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-18.jpg   Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-19.jpg   Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-20.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 11-04-2010, 02:26 AM

more pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-21.jpg   Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-22.jpg   Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-23.jpg   Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-24.jpg   Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-25.jpg  

Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-26.jpg   Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-27.jpg   Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-28.jpg   Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-29.jpg   Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-30.jpg  

Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-31.jpg   Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-32.jpg   Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-33.jpg   Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-34.jpg   Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-35.jpg  

Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-36.jpg   Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-37.jpg   Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-38.jpg   Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-39.jpg   Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-40.jpg  

Old 11-04-2010, 02:28 AM

More photos. Almost done with the mech.
Attached Thumbnails
Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-41.jpg   Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-42.jpg   Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-43.jpg   Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-44.jpg   Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-45.jpg  

Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-46.jpg  
Old 11-04-2010, 05:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
This is excellent stuff! My jaw dropped. The rescale is great. I can't wait to see the finished product!
Old 11-04-2010, 07:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Excellent model
amazing detalil
Is really BIG!!!
Final Tall?

Congratulations!!
Google Adsense
Old 11-04-2010, 11:34 AM

Well, done with the Wanzer!!! But not all the weapons. Just the rifle and the knckle. I didn't do the shield and the shotgun yet...... can we said sleep deprived. Beside, the only way for the Wnazer to hold any weapon is to glue the weapon to the hand, which I don't want to. + the arms joints are too weak to lift any of the weapons. It can't even lift it own arm. Not sure if I want take more time to build any more weapons that the Wanzer can not hold. Maybe after I catch up on some zzzzzzzz.......

My scale up A3 Wanzer stand just under 19" inches. Because of the size and weight. All the joints are very lose. The next repaint Wanzer I may build will have to reinforce or maybe even redesign all the joints. ......or, I'll just go the easy way and glue every thing down.

It is a great paper model, a must build the mech fan. But I would not recommend it to the newbie that would no or very little experience in paper modeling. One do need some model skill to take it on. The instructions is easy too follow. But in a few places where the instruction call for boxing thing in then glue other small parts on.... Some of that area are batter to jump ahead and then backtrack to make assemble easier. One more note. The refile part 1A. I just don't know WTH going on with that. It is 1/8 inches too wide. I end up moving the crease lines in 1/16" both side to the center and cutting 1/16" off on both side of the taps to fit in the rifle.

Other thing. The model could do with out all that taps locating # printed all over the model. I know the designer want to make it easy to find where the taps glue to. But the instructions is very clear already, and the # are out in the open. Some people may not care. But I just don't like to see them. So I painted most of them out, but I still missed a lot. On the next repaint version, I'll be sure to paint all of them out too.

Thanks for lookin. Hople you enjoy the pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-48.jpg   Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-49.jpg   Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-51.jpg   Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-52.jpg   Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-53.jpg  

Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-54.jpg   Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-55.jpg   Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-56.jpg   Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-57.jpg   Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-58.jpg  

Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-59.jpg   Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-60.jpg   Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-61.jpg   Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-62.jpg   Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-63.jpg  

Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer WIP-0-64.jpg  
Old 11-04-2010, 12:01 PM

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......
Old 11-04-2010, 05:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
Not really my cup of tea but, a very nice build, very clean looking. I don't know who designed the model but they sure did a good job on the textures. Thanks for sharing.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 12.95 MB
ANOTHER great build from Good Duck! You are the building machine!
Old 11-04-2010, 11:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.92 MB
Superb, are you planning on entering the competition, that build is just awesome.
Google Adsense