PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Figurines and Anime

Old 04-17-2013, 01:54 PM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Joan of Arc in 90mm

Here we have Zioprudenzio's 90mm Joan of Arc. This is the 2nd 90mm figure of Zio's that I've built, and I can't recommend these models enough. The build was very straightforward, and the fit was excellent throughout. I coated the plate armor portions of the model with clearcoat to add some gloss. During her trial, Joan stated that she preferred her standard to her sword, so I decided to pose the figure holding it. I found several versions of her battle standard on the net, picked the prettiest one and printed it on regular weight paper. The staff is a small diameter pre-paper (wood) dowel. I textured my pedestal base with a purple heart wood grain finish this time (a cherrywood base is available in download section), and a brass plaque bearing the French spelling of Joan's name, and the date 1429 to denote the Seige of Orleans. I still have to add some simple ground work to the top of the base.

The most difficult part of the build is probably the hair. It's made of petals that have to be carefully dealt with. I pushed a smallish marble into a piece of Sculpy, lined the depression with plastic Wrap, and used it as a form to press the hair part into. I held it in place until the glue started to hold. The petals closed up pretty well. My only criticism of the model as designed is with the face: it's cartoonish, and the eyes are spaced too far apart. When the face part is curved, they appear to spread even further. I was unhappy with how it looked, so I made a new head using Leelee Sobieski's face, appropriate since she had the starring role in a pretty good movie about Joan of Arc a number of years ago.

As usual, my pictures aren't very good (heavy sigh).
Attached Thumbnails
Joan of Arc in 90mm-joan1_zpsb99d609d.jpg   Joan of Arc in 90mm-joan2_zpscfbcc40a.jpg   Joan of Arc in 90mm-joan3_zps69faddf4.jpg   Joan of Arc in 90mm-joan4_zps4adf02d8.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 04-17-2013, 03:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Very nicely done.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 29.49 MB
Nicely done. I really like your color choices. looks really great.

I've done the 80 and 120mm Phoenix Phollies. A beautiful selection of young lasses in various states of undress, doing mostly everyday chores and activities. I'm sure I'd get my hand slapped for posting them here, so you'll just have to use your imaginations..

Again, well done.

Swampfox
Old 04-17-2013, 04:21 PM

I appreciate the comments, fellas. Thank you. I'm familiar with Tim Richard's 80mm Phoenix Phollies line, and even completed a few in my figure painting days (The Mermaid, the Pirate Girl, and a Female Warrior. I think I still have one or two unbuilt Phollies kits down in the basement.

I'm thinking about doing another one of Zioprudenzio's figure kits soon, but I haven't decided which one. I'm leaning toward one of the Agincourt figures, though.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.23 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockpaperscissor View Post
I appreciate the comments, fellas. Thank you. I'm familiar with Tim Richard's 80mm Phoenix Phollies line, and even completed a few in my figure painting days (The Mermaid, the Pirate Girl, and a Female Warrior. I think I still have one or two unbuilt Phollies kits down in the basement.

I'm thinking about doing another one of Zioprudenzio's figure kits soon, but I haven't decided which one. I'm leaning toward one of the Agincourt figures, though.
Very nicely done, and beautifuly displayed!
Also have done a few of the old Phollies line, and have one sitting about somewhere primed and waiting.
Google Adsense
Old 04-18-2013, 01:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Great, just in time for the funeral of the other iron lady. Rumour has it that Jeanne had an iron chest. Well, those are some shiny brilliant ones!

Last edited by rickstef; 04-18-2013 at 06:09 PM. Reason: keep it clean, it is a family forum
Old 06-02-2015, 09:26 AM

I saw that Vermin King is in the process of building his own Joan of Arc, and it reminded me that I never posted any pics of my Joan, long since updated with simple groundwork and a helmet at her feet.

So, without further ado:
Attached Thumbnails
Joan of Arc in 90mm-joanoverall.jpg   Joan of Arc in 90mm-joanuppercloseup.jpg   Joan of Arc in 90mm-joanlowercloseup.jpg  
Old 06-02-2015, 11:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 25.92 MB
It looks really great!
Old 06-03-2015, 07:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Very nicely displayed. Mine is getting delayed. Web search for my mom. evening appointments and having a back problem tonight which is worse with the precise movements of cutting parts. Might not get back to it until next week. Right now all I have is the head and shoulders sitting on the end of a pen...
Old 05-15-2020, 04:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 820.35 MB
A great job, the pedestal is impeccable with the touch of grass, I like it!
Google Adsense