PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Figurines and Anime

Old 04-10-2014, 11:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.41 GB
Repainting Tiricks' figurines

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I (recently) repainted some of Tiricks' figurines to look like mechanics from BSG (TNS) (with Tiricks' permission of course) for the Viper diorama that I built Colonial Viper MK-II Diorama

Since Revell-Fan and I are (currently) working on a new Cockpit Interior for the Thunder Fighter (from BRTC25), I decided to make Pilots of the Thunder Fighters.
As you can see, I have even made a blaster and holster for it. I still need to make a helmet for it.
I will also make the formal (dress) uniform as well as the female figurine (with both uniforms).

Here are the photos below for your viewing pleasure (I will post more as I finish with each one.

Repainting Tiricks' figurines-imag3527.jpg Repainting Tiricks' figurines-imag3528.jpg Repainting Tiricks' figurines-imag3529.jpg Repainting Tiricks' figurines-imag3530.jpg Repainting Tiricks' figurines-imag3524.jpg Repainting Tiricks' figurines-imag3525.jpg Repainting Tiricks' figurines-imag3526.jpg Repainting Tiricks' figurines-imag3522.jpg Repainting Tiricks' figurines-imag3523.jpg

Here is the female figurine (with her own blaster as well).

Repainting Tiricks' figurines-imag3532.jpg Repainting Tiricks' figurines-imag3533.jpg Repainting Tiricks' figurines-imag3534.jpg Repainting Tiricks' figurines-imag3535.jpg Repainting Tiricks' figurines-imag3536.jpg Repainting Tiricks' figurines-imag3537.jpg Repainting Tiricks' figurines-imag3538.jpg Repainting Tiricks' figurines-imag3539.jpg

She went together fairly well as well.

Next will be the Formal (dress) uniforms.

I will (eventually) make (repaint) figurines for BSG (both TOS & TNS) as well.

Once all of these are finished, I will send all of the templates to Tirick for approval and to be hosted on his website (if he so chooses).

ENJOY!!!
Old 04-10-2014, 01:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Very nice. I do think they would benefit from noses, though. Kinda like Zio does on his figures. These can be 'positioned' differently, too, can't they? If I remember the paper protagonist series, they should be able to be built in different poses.
Old 04-10-2014, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin_King View Post
Very nice. I do think they would benefit from noses, though. Kinda like Zio does on his figures. These can be 'positioned' differently, too, can't they? If I remember the paper protagonist series, they should be able to be built in different poses.
Thank you for the kind words!!!
I had thought about adding a "nose", but since these are Tiricks figurines, I thought that I would just stick with the uniforms and let him make what ever changes he wants (i.e. like adding a nose or other facial or body parts).

Yes, you can position them into what ever pose you want. You just need to make certain that you secure the limbs in that position. If not, it will not hold properly.
Old 04-12-2014, 02:41 PM

Male Formal (Dress) Uniform

Here is an update, I have just finished the Male figurine in Formal (Dress) uniform. Here are the photos:

Repainting Tiricks' figurines-imag3545.jpg Repainting Tiricks' figurines-imag3546.jpg Repainting Tiricks' figurines-imag3547.jpg Repainting Tiricks' figurines-imag3548.jpg

I have also created a coin plate stand with the EDD logo on it as well, so that you can display the figurine alone.

Repainting Tiricks' figurines-imag3542.jpg Repainting Tiricks' figurines-imag3549.jpg Repainting Tiricks' figurines-imag3550.jpg Repainting Tiricks' figurines-imag3551.jpg

I will start work on the Female formal (Dress) uniform next.

ENJOY!!!
Old 04-13-2014, 06:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 314.41 MB
They look Great Raven...there has to be a better way to do faces though instead of the common cylinder? Something easy to do without a surgeons magnifier!!! Im going to have to work on that!
Google Adsense
Old 04-13-2014, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioMike View Post
They look Great Raven...there has to be a better way to do faces though instead of the common cylinder? Something easy to do without a surgeons magnifier!!! Im going to have to work on that!
Thank you for the compliment.
I agree, that the face could use some work, but since these are Tirick's figurines, I am ONLY focusing on the uniforms (which I am hoping (once I have finished everything) will be added to his collection on his website for all to enjoy).

If you are interested in doing something to improve the face, I would suggest sending Tirick a PM with your ideas and suggestions. He is a nice and reasonable person who is open to new things.

Good luck with it and I am looking forward to seeing how your project turns out.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:39 PM

While conducting further research into the female version of the Thunder Fighter Pilot Formal (Dress) Uniform, I found that I made a mistake in my first version of the Male Thunder Fighter Pilot Formal (dress) Uniform.
So I went through and made the (necessary) changes.
Here are the photos of the finished figurine.
(*NOTE* The Last photo shows the new one (on the left) along side the old one (on the right). As you can see, there is a big change.

Repainting Tiricks' figurines-imag3565.jpg Repainting Tiricks' figurines-imag3567.jpg Repainting Tiricks' figurines-imag3568.jpg

I am going to work on the female soon.

ENJOY!!!
Old 05-10-2014, 09:18 AM

UPDATE: Female Formal (Dress) Uniform

Hello once again Ladies and Gentlemen,

I know that it has been about a month since my last update on this thread.
Here is the latest update. I have finished the Female Formal (Dress) Uniform for the Earth Defence Directorate Pilots.
Everything has been sent to Tirick for final revision and approval.

Here are the photos:

Repainting Tiricks' figurines-imag3589.jpg Repainting Tiricks' figurines-imag3590.jpg Repainting Tiricks' figurines-imag3591.jpg Repainting Tiricks' figurines-imag3592.jpg Repainting Tiricks' figurines-imag3593.jpg Repainting Tiricks' figurines-imag3594.jpg Repainting Tiricks' figurines-imag3595.jpg

I am going to be starting on the BSG (TOS) Viper Pilots Uniforms next.
*SIDE NOTE* I will be making both BS Galactica and BS Pegasus Pilot Uniforms.

ENJOY!!!
Old 05-10-2014, 09:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.75 GB
These are great additions to the already fantastic models.This adds a whole new dimension.
Old 05-10-2014, 01:16 PM

Well, Ladies and gentlemen, I just realized that I made a mistake and have to do some more work on the templates. So it will take a bit longer. I have already contacted Tirick and asked that he discard to templates that I sent him and as soon as I finish the new ones, I will expedite them to him ASAP!

I am very sorry for the delay on this.