PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Figurines and Anime

Old 06-03-2014, 10:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
ABC Indian Cheif

Can anyone point me to a download or purchase point for this ABC Model ...

I'd love to build it as is, but even more I'd like to try to pimp it into a more realistic figure.

I'm also interested in any other Native American related models. Mainly interested in Cherokee Plains Tribes stuff, but all others are of interest too.

Somewhere in my archives is a 3D rendering of a full Cherokee War Bonnet. Anyone interested in turning it into a 1:1 paper model for me?

Keep on snippin' ... Johnny.
Google Adsense
Old 06-03-2014, 10:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 78.96 MB
Hi Johnny

What file format is the War Bonnet and does it have textures to go with it
Old 06-03-2014, 11:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Johnny, slight correction on the 'Cherokee Plains Tribes'. They were originally more from the Tennessee-Kentucky area, before their forced removal to Indian Territory (Oklahoma).

Member of Oklahoma Choctaw tribe, close cousins to their south from northern Louisiana-Mississippi.

It doesn't get done right here that much either. Used to crack me up watching 'Cimarron Strip' on tv as a kid which supposedly was set in northern Oklahoma during the opening days of white settlement to the area. Filmed at Paramount Ranch on the backside of the San Fernando Valley in California.
Old 06-03-2014, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilly View Post
Hi Johnny

What file format is the War Bonnet and does it have textures to go with it
Hi Tilly ... Having searched my archives, I have a .jpg picture of it but just a web-link to the 3D file. Tried the web-link, but it's giving 'File not found'. I guess it's no longer there ... but here's a picture of what might have been ...

Whulsey ... we've been down this one before mate. Great, Great, Granny lived among the Sioux (With Bill Cody's Wild West Show), but she always swore she was a Plains Indian of Cherokee birth. The other terminology anomaly she often trotted out was that Cherokee was not the name of a tribe, but a Nation of twenty or more different tribes. None of which had a recorded history until Sequoyah came along.

Last edited by JohnM; 06-03-2014 at 02:08 PM.
Old 06-03-2014, 02:37 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
John, did you try the wayback?

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Google Adsense
Old 06-03-2014, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texman View Post
John, did you try the wayback?
Now why didn't I think of that? ... But no luck there.

However, I have narrowed it down to the fact that it was a reference to a turbosquid.com listed item. Which probably means it was a pro design offered for sale at a high price.

I've had a search around the TSquid site, but the war bonnet no longer seems to be listed.

Anyway ... back to the ABC Indian ... No one got a copy hiding in their collection then? I'm quite prepared to buy a copy, I just don't know where to get it. I've even tried Alice, but no go there either.

Johnny.
Old 06-14-2014, 04:59 PM

Model now received. With thanks to my new Polish friend.

I'll build it straight first, but I really want to try to pimp some curves into this one, and may also experiment with the size ... up and down.

I'll put some pics up here when I'm done, but it could take a while as I'm not a well chappy of late and get confined to me bed quite a bit. Bread crumbs in a bed can be annoying, but can you imagine what all those little triangular card snips would be like? ...

Old 06-15-2014, 07:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 314.41 MB
Scan it for posterity!!! Someday the copywrite may lapse and you'll be able to submit it for others to enjoy!
Mike
Old 06-18-2014, 06:09 PM

OK, I've got one. Colours are not as good as the original and it's a bit pixelated. So blowing it up bigger won't improve it, but it should work out build-able if it's shrunk by 50%

I have separated out the parts for the War-Bonnet and printed them 'to fit' on an A3 card. Should make an interesting model around 1:4 scale. It'll probably need touching up with a bit of paint to look effective though.

I'll show y'all here when it's done.

Old 06-19-2014, 08:58 AM

It turned out quite well I think. This is about 1:4 scale, but I don't think it's really worth trying to re-work it into 1:1 scale without re-drawing and colouring the whole thing.

Here's the extracted parts if anyone wants to try.

I printed this 'to fit' on A3 to get the 1:4 scale one, and did a little titivating with water-colour pencils to brighten some colours. I also added some scratch built head straps to hold it into shape. Burnishing some 3D shape into all the feathers is time consuming, but it really is worth the effort ... in any scale.

Google Adsense