PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Figurines and Anime

Old 02-23-2015, 02:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 21.22 MB
The Red Lancer

This model was built in 1969, I was still a student second year engineering, no internet, no computer..the only references I had were books and period prints. Anyway this model is made of mat board, toilet paper, a candle, a piece of wire, rigging string and regular paper! The skeleton is a series of vertical and horizontal sections of the human body (scale about 1/11)this was wrapped in toilet paper and given a coat of primer. the head and hands are made of wax. all the white parts are regular paper. The sword is a laminated business card stock. It was given as a present to my design prof, a few years later I noticed that it needed a few repairs so I took it back, only to learn that my prof died of a heart attack! I kept the model until I decided to refurbish it it in 2015, The amount of info on the subject was great, so I decided to change the pipe smoking lancer to a lance holding one. The epaulettes are string colored yellow (they are intentionally stringy for NCOs), the aiguillettes are braided thread , the buttons are regular pins, the helmet is the original one, but had a new dutch cockade and braiding. So that is a scratch built paper model I guess.
Attached Thumbnails
The Red Lancer-red-1.jpg   The Red Lancer-red-2.jpg   The Red Lancer-red-3.jpg   The Red Lancer-red-5.jpg   The Red Lancer-red6.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 02-23-2015, 03:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Very nicely done. May I ask what prompted the interest in this fellow?
Old 02-23-2015, 04:24 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Niiice. Crusty looking old fellow -looks just like an NCO should.
Old 02-23-2015, 04:48 PM

This fellow is the only "paper" model napoleonic cavalry figure,the polish headdress and the all red uniform intrigued me that is why I picked him! I made all the other cavalry units in plastic (cannot post this here!) MiniArt kits heavily modified...also converted Playmobil figures into napoleonic cavalry!
Old 02-23-2015, 09:51 PM
Anime Moderator

Total Downloaded: 23.29 MB
Thumbs up

That is the best looking scratch-build I've seen in a long time! Thanks for sharing!
Google Adsense
Old 02-23-2015, 11:16 PM

Thanks Webdude, it is not the cylinder and cone build, and I discovered a way of making very convincing chin scale straps from wire, i don't know if it is a known way but I stumbled on it by accident...(braiding thread was also a first for me). I will use this technique for my 1/76 German skeleton type tank tracks.
Old 02-24-2015, 07:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.24 GB
Outstanding work!! Nice seeing an unusual scratch-build with such beautiful detailing..
Old 02-24-2015, 10:25 AM

Thank you all for your kind words. i hope to start the third (and last of the trio) BRDM 1/76 model soon, all the parts are ready and it is snowing and cold here so i have no excuse!

Tags
figure, lancer, napoleonic, scratch built.