PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Figurines and Anime

Old 02-09-2016, 12:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 63.94 MB
Here's another similar kit....

?????????? Google

Johnny, I printed the stormtrooper on paper much too thin. All my other figures are on thicker card and are still standing.

As I mentioned on my stormtrooper thread, the problem with PDOs is that there are no instructions - I start with the shoes and work up to the point where they join Next it's the hands up to the shoulder. The body (up to the neck ) follows and the legs and arms are added, finally it's the head.

If anyone wants the dark elf, I can email the files alternatively try

Lineage 2 - Female Dark Elf Papercraft

be careful - there are quite a few download buttons that download stuff that could harm your computer !!!

Cheers
Mike
Old 02-09-2016, 05:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.63 MB
Thanks knife, she didn't linger very long in my to do pile.
Thanks Mike, right knee on my storm trooper is slightly weak but she really went at one of the top segments of her feet I think a combination of the gun and chest armour made her to top-heavy.
Hetzer Mike and John have beaten me to it where to get her. That website is a minefield of adverts and other stuff.
John as you'll see I have started on the head the inside is a minefield of tabs I meant to photograph it but forgot.

I have actually finished bondage elf now so here's a catch up

Having got to shoulder height with the body I started on the arms starting with the hands these are fairly straightforward apart from the parts around where the thumb fits on. Also fitting the hand to the forearm was a bit of a struggle but went okay in the end.

I then added the second section of forearm and some funny armour flaps.

I then started on the head which I think went okay for the first one I've done. The head does look quite stripey in the photographs I must start using a more crappy camera and it won't show so much detail. But it looks fine on the model a couple of feet away, and as I said at the start of the post inside the face is really thick with tabs.

After completing the head I went back to the arms right arm completed a fixed in place.

I forgot to photograph her when I fixed the left arm so these next pictures show a buildup to neck level.

Sword added to her hand.

And the final pictures.
the hair was a bit of a struggle but with a bit of trimming has turned out okay. aarhh this voice recognition program is a pain it has spent this entire post missing out all the little words like, is, has, of, her, to, so, it. I think I put them all in.!

Old 02-09-2016, 06:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.89 GB
I think she turned out pretty nice. Thanks for posting the build photos, they will help your fellow modelers a whole lot. Congratulations on finishing the build.
Old 02-09-2016, 09:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 25.92 MB
She looks pretty good!
Kudos!
Old 02-10-2016, 07:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.23 GB
Great looking model!!
Google Adsense
Old 02-10-2016, 12:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Quote "I must start using a more crappy camera and it won't show so much detail."

Someone thinkin' of nickin' my techniques then? It actually works quite well. Stand back from the subject, then zoom in on it and edit out the excess. It gives a softer look to everything. Using natural light or a soft electric lamp can help too. Flash will seek out every tiny little bit of uncoloured edge there is and flare it back to the camera.

Overall she's lookin' very good though. Well done.

Not nitpickin' , just a suggestion ... have you not thought of cutting the tabs right off, and gluing a double tab underneath both sides to give a flush join? I call this technique 'Taping' as I tend to use a long thin paper tape, cutting into tabs as required. Others I know use Sellotape for this, but I find it a bit unmanageable, and wet glue can blend the edges in better. It's a hell of a lot more work and can really multiply the build time, but the end result can be so satisfying. Especially so on something like that face.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:45 PM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Hootchie mama! Her face is "stripey" but no one'll be looking at it anyway, LOL. Her hair defies gravity though. Is there anyway to make it lay a little flatter? A few vertical slits and paper overlaps would probably enable it to drape a bit more naturally. Great job on this figurine!
Old 02-10-2016, 03:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Looks really good.
Old 02-11-2016, 04:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 63.94 MB
Was someone looking for a life-size kit?

Try this .....

Twilight Princess - Zelda Papercraft ~ Paperkraft.net - Free Papercraft, Paper Model, & Papertoy

Mike
Old 02-11-2016, 04:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.63 MB
Thanks Knife, Milenio, Eatcrow.Whulsey
John I hadn't thought of cutting the tabs, which is surprising as I hate them. I just started doing a wareFox, so I'll continue by cutting the tabs off and trying your paper strips.
Rockpaperscissor, her hair does stick out defying gravity I made it up as it had been designed. maybe it sticks out with elf magic! lol.

Google Adsense

Tags
legs, paper, made, female, tops, leg, added, foot, difficult, feet, dark, elf, model, moved, idea, bad, drawing, waist, tubes, decided, score, chest, natural, tabs, place