PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Figurines and Anime

Old 04-30-2017, 03:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.63 MB
Well she's not quite finished as she needs a sword she had one of those ridiculous fantasy swords which consisted of a wavy blade with lots of spikes and things coming off it. I started making it from the same card as I use for the rest of the figure but it was no good so then I tried with normal copy paper but it still didn't work. It was hard to see where the scorelines go and how all the spiky bits went together. So I said to myself, sod this what she needs what she needs is a straightforward straight bladed sword without all the snazzy bits added to it. So I copied the sword from the elf and as you can see the finished pictures in those good.

Well that's it all done hope you enjoyed watching I enjoyed building her I am tempted to build her again but without scorelines.

Old 04-30-2017, 03:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Well done David. She's gorgeous. I bet she got more look overs than that bloody great ship.

As to building again without the score lines ... I try to build both. One with no textures but all the tabs and score lines. The other with no tabs or score lines. That way I can use the non-textured parts to see how they are meant to curve and fit together ... then I repeat using the textured parts, avoiding folding where ever possible, allowing them to curve into place. I also tend to use paper tape rather than tabs, to get flatter seams that can be blended in better.

It's all very complex and time consuming, but for me the fun is(was) all in the building. I'm usually quite disappointed when completion is achieved.

Fingers are slowly improving now, so a return to Jessica may not be so far away.
Old 04-30-2017, 03:44 PM

thanks John. i think she did despite being hiden be hind the sine one yong lad was pulled a way by his dad when he got intrested in her!!!!!
i printed out the parts on 80g copy paper and cut out the tabs from there and glud them to the back of the parts .
glad the hands are on the mend

Old 05-01-2017, 07:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.23 GB
Beautiful model!!
Old 05-13-2017, 07:01 AM

thanks eatcrow

Google Adsense

Tags
foot, leg, ankle, completed, world, calf, werefox, height, perfect, views, tabs, elf, parts, stick, separately, taps, thicker, rest, card, backing, cut, back, front, left, side