PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Figurines and Anime

Old 04-02-2016, 07:15 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
You work fast, especially when inspired, LOL. I wonder how the Ciurassierette keeps her epaulettes in place (well, the right one, anway).
Old 04-02-2016, 08:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.97 GB
Thanks, Don. The "ciurassierette" is the latest of Zio figures that l have done so far. Planning for more, but seems there are too many restrictions, moral or otherwise, for them to be shown in entirety as in Zio's original design, here on this forum, in USA. Maybe there should be an adult section as in YouTube where you have to be 18 and over to have access to it, LOL!!

Papermate
Old 04-02-2016, 08:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.02 GB
I can think of one forum where those would get you banned for life. I just won't mention their name. Sweet figures.
Old 04-03-2016, 04:07 AM

at6, you don't have to tell me, I know which one!

Papermate
Old 04-03-2016, 04:08 AM

Zio could have been banned for life there, even though he had passed.

Papermate
Google Adsense
Old 04-03-2016, 11:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.02 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by papermate View Post
Zio could have been banned for life there, even though he had passed.

Papermate
That site even censors names. Books I learned to read from in 1956 would now be known as "Fun with [censored] and Jane. I was surprised when I saw that " Strawberry Bitch", the B-24 in the Air Force Museum had been changed to "Strawberry Female Dog". Type in Strawberry Female Dog with your browser and you get no where. Even a model of Venus De Milo would be banned.
Old 04-03-2016, 04:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 37.51 MB
sorry, papermate. . .

I begin this reply with repeating the title posted: 'sorry, papermate'.

why are we having to 'censor' anything in the 21st century? This post depicts a semi-nude female figure. . .in paper. . .so what?

women have breasts. they have had them for millennia. They also have vaginas.

men also have breasts, albeit non-functioning. we also have penises. again i say, 'so what'?

Dear Papermate: I do not intend to hijack your thread, but i am distressed by some replies to this post. Why apologize for the human body? Why joke about Zio Prudenzio being 'banned' on this forum or elsewhere?

I have six of zio's models, none of which depict the human form. I'm just not interested in modeling the human form. Others (you) certainly are and you should not be ashamed. I appreciate a good model in any medium and enjoy viewing the same. If one somehow can look at Michelangelo's 'David' and not be moved, I may argue that you may not be human.

I implore moderators here:
If there are restrictions regarding the posting of content 'questionable', we debate what that means.

thanks and regards,
cbg
Old 04-03-2016, 07:05 PM

To (paper) model the human form, be it female or male, is simply appreciation of God's creation and if there isn't any wild thinking on your mind, there's nothing wrong with it, in my opinion. I believe Zio was considering this when he created the models in question, the girls and the all naked hoplites. You quoted good example of Michelangelo's David and I quote Venus, the same thing. One more thing, it isn't easy to build Zio's figures exposing human features. Posting these figures is actually doing Zio's works justice and nothing more. Moreover, Zio's figures, all of them, allow flexibility in posing the limbs and the legs, unlike those in pdo format where nothing much can be varied. Therefore, Zio's figures and horses are real challenges and go even beyond that.

Papermate
Old 04-04-2016, 01:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.89 GB
To me, trying to model a subject that's all curves and no flat surfaces is a testament to a skilled designer. The fact that the models turned out so well demonstrates Papermate's building superb building skills. Bravo to both.
Old 04-04-2016, 05:02 AM

Thank you Knife, a very skillful builder/repainter/designer, for understanding the satisfaction of completing a model, no matter what it is.

Papermate
Google Adsense