PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Figurines and Anime

Old 04-05-2016, 09:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 426.34 MB
Ive seen quite a few tutorials, both web and Youtube for using Pepakura. So basically, get some simple-ish 3D models and start poking around at them in designer.
Probably be worth the registration fee to unfold and fix models correctly.
I poked around at a C3PO head model for just a few hours and felt I'd made progress, though nothing I was ready to share.
What get under my skin are people who password protect the designer models when they could still use fixing. But those can usually be opened in viewer which allows printing and viewing.
Old 04-05-2016, 09:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 59.62 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
..... This is no 4 of 12. Is anyone else collecting these?
Yes, I am. I'm not a believer, but astrology's been part of our cultural history for thousands of years. And as the zodiac symbols and order show up constantly in computer games, I had just compiled a reference table for my own use. Quite a coincidence for these lovely and decorative versions to appear now.
Old 04-05-2016, 09:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
I always archive both with and without lines when available. I then print out the lineless version for the build, but when building I have the lined version up on screen to show me where the folds should be to shape the part.

Also, whenever plausible, I don't actually crease in the folds. I just allow the card to pull into shape itself. I get better curved surfaces that way. With some complex figures I have found it beneficial to actually print out an unrendered lined version to build alongside the rendered figure. Getting all the experiments, trial runs, failures and corrections done on the blank figure before moving on to the rendered figure. Wastes quite a bit of card and ink I know, but if I were to ever have to worry about the cost of materials, I guess I'd be moving away from the hobby.

Are you really considering building the Dota Illidan Doug ? Did you notice that it is a LIFE SIZE model? Yeah, I'd love to build it too, but I'd have to hire the barn up the road to build it in.

Err, no I don't think this is the paper model. It's just a pic I found on google.
Old 04-05-2016, 09:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Nope, no plans to build the Dota Illidan.
Old 04-05-2016, 10:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 63.94 MB
Jonny,

You assume too much !! books are for reading - websites are for looking ;-)))))

Cheers
Mike
Google Adsense
Old 04-05-2016, 10:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.02 GB
I would love to have the "Amazon", but would I live long enough to finish it? I must say that they are very nice models though.
Old 04-12-2016, 01:46 PM

There's been a couple of Pokemon, but no new Zodiac figure published yet. Following on Facebook, it looks like Virgo will be the next one ... soon-ish.

However ... looking back through the FB posts I came across the designers vision of statuettes of all the Zodiac figures mounted around an altar with the Goddess Athena on it. Fully assembled this display is gonna be huge.

Methinks I just might be aiming more towards a set of individual statuettes ... If I ever get full use back in these damn fingers!

Last edited by JohnM; 04-12-2016 at 01:58 PM.
Old 04-12-2016, 02:31 PM

Oh, yeah ... just a heads up ... according to the FB pages, all future Life .pdo files will be in the Pepakura v4 format. So get the update soon. If you go for it now you end up with both v3 and v4 installed (Both Designer & Viewer). It is necessary to keep v3 around as v4 doesn't seem to recognise earlier .pdo files. I don't doubt that this oversight will be sorted one day, but things don't seem to change rapidly in the Pepakura environment.
Old 04-12-2016, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Stamper View Post
Thanks Johnny.

I downloaded the two figures - both pw protected but on my second attempt got the pw right. The figures are almost 6 feet tall and there are over 120 pages!!

So - Thanks but no thanks - life's too short to embark on something like that, and I don't have enough fingers to work out how much it would cost to print.

Cheers

Mike
Just to let you know Mike, there's a much smaller, more cartoonish version of Elsa on the Life Papercraft blog now.
Only 14 pages (16 with base). It only opens with Pep v4 though.
Old 04-19-2016, 09:20 AM

the 'Virgo' statuette is now ready to download.

Again please note that this will only open in Pepakura v4 (Viewer or Designer).
v3 versions just don't recognise it as a .pdo file.