PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Figurines and Anime

Old 08-03-2016, 04:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 177.15 MB
Has anyone converted any of the Zodiac models to PDF? Thats the only way I would be able to print them out.

Thanks
Clif
Old 08-03-2016, 06:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by clif52 View Post
Has anyone converted any of the Zodiac models to PDF? Thats the only way I would be able to print them out.

Thanks
Clif
Why can't you print them out from the .pdo? All you need is Pepakura reader Pepakura Designer The reader is in the same download as Pep designer.

It is possible to rip the pages from a pdo. one at a time into the GIMP http://www.safedls.com/gimp?mkwid=LX...20gimp&match=e then save them as .pdf files, which can then be stitched back together into a multi-page pdf, but then you are left with no instructions. I doubt that anyone could assemble these models without some form of guide.

If you keep the .pdo to use it as an assembly guide with Pepakura, you might as well print it from Pep in the first place.

Actually I just looked and in Pep v4 (Which is needed to open the files) there is an option to 'Print to pdf' which I've just done quite successfully.

Last edited by JohnM; 08-03-2016 at 06:53 PM.
Old 08-03-2016, 10:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 59.62 MB
If Pepakura 4 includes improved printing, that's good news, and I'll definitely look into the print-to-pdf feature. Unfortunately, earlier PDO files often yield messed-up printouts, whereas the same files converted to PDF print reliably. Yes, you still need the PDO files to use as assembly guides, but that's little different than having separate instruction files.

Another conversion reason is changing scale -- many PDF readers let you do this, but I don't know if this is also a Pep4 feature. Furthermore, PDF conversion is a way to save files with optional textures.

Don't misunderstand me -- I'm not saying that PDOs are inferior or that Pepakura is bad. But for me, the overall convenience and reliability of PDFs more than justifies the few minutes necessary to do the conversion.
Old 11-16-2016, 04:53 PM

My apologies. I've been a little lax in updating this thread.

There are now nine of these beautiful Zodiac figures available to download.

Sagittarius, Aries, Pisces, Aquarius, Virgo, Libra, Gemini, and Scorpio.

Available from here ... LifePapercraft

Click on Collections tab ... Zodiac ... then on title of model to get to the download.

But why not have a look around the main site first. There's others that might tempt you.

There is also a Pepakura training course available on this site. The Google translate from Brazilian Spanish is adequate, but not good.
Old 11-16-2016, 05:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
I do believe it is Portuguese in Brazil.

Yes, the Print to PDF function in the File menu with Pep4 viewer works good.
Google Adsense
Old 12-02-2016, 04:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 78.96 MB
He has now added Taurus the bull so that makes 10.
Old 12-02-2016, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilly View Post
He has now added Taurus the bull so that makes 10.
It's been up for a week now Tilly, but have you managed to download it yet? It still shows 'PENDING' to me.

According to his Facebook page, it seems he's asking for 50 shares before releasing it. It's got 54 likes but so far only 19 shares.
Old 12-07-2016, 10:27 AM

Still need a few more shares to get the Taurus model released. G'won, show it to all yer FB mates.
Old 12-08-2016, 04:56 PM

Yay! Taurus is now available to download, but would you believe I found it available on a Pirate first? They're fast these Russians. I wonder how long it will be until Alice puts them out, eh? She'll probably charge £50 for these.

Some nice designs coming out of another South American designer too. 'L-Paper' ... https://www.facebook.com/Luisiferr/ or for those that don't do FB ... L-Paper Keep scrolling down. There's 14 pages of models. If the "DESCARGAR" is flashing red you'll need to pay a few bucks. If it's plain grey it's a freebie.
Old 01-10-2017, 05:50 PM

#11 Capricorn is released. My own Zodiac sign at last. So I guess I'd better build this one first,eh?

One more Zodiac sign to come ... #12 will be Cancer ... the Crab. Having recently had a dose of that, I just might leave that one to last.

After that there is a large altar proposed to mount them all on, plus a huge center piece figure of Athene. Let's hope I live long enough to complete this, eh?