PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Figurines and Anime

Old 03-26-2017, 04:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
The 12th Zodiac figure of Cancer is now available to download.

That concludes the Zodiac collection, but Life papercraft are also designing a large altar to put them all on, which is topped by a figure of Athene. Looks like this is to be offered at a cost, but there is a free offer for the first to submit a picture of the complete collection of 12 figures.

The whole caboodle is looking a bit on the huge side to me though, so I don't think I'll be going the whole hog. Just the 12 figures will satisfy me ... especially if I can succeed in shrinking them down to a smaller size. They mostly look shrinkable by half at least, but the proof of that is obviously in the making.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:40 PM

And the Grande Finale is now available. ... A figure of Athene atop an alter complex to mount all the Zodiac figures on.

OK, due to it's size, I doubt I'll ever build the altar, but undoubtedly the figure of Athene will be built for my latest Great Granddaughter ... Evelyn Athena Rose ... born yesterday. Hopefully I'll get it built ready for when she's old enough to know what it is.

The download costs $12.oo, but for 90 pages it seems a bargain to me, and I felt duty bound to pay up anyway in appreciation for the freely published Zodiac figures. The design work that has gone into this project is superb, and deserves a world wide recognition.
Old 04-12-2017, 04:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Right there with ya, Johnny.

A heads up for some that might not like the way the parts are laid out. Some of the parts are split between two pages. When you look at the included pdo you will see parts spanning adjacent pages, then in the pdf the same situation occurs. There are no glue tabs or joining strips at the split line so you must provide them yourself.

I do not mind spending money for a model file, but I would prefer that the designer would figure out a way to not split parts across multiple pages that way.

Having said that , the model looks real good.
Old 01-20-2019, 09:53 AM

These Zodiac figurines have not been available for quite some time now as the Life papercraft website ran into some problems and has been undergoing a slow total rebuild from scratch.

The figures were/are still available elsewhere if you know where to look, but my point in posting this is to let y'all know that they are once again available as free downloads from the original designer ... https://www.lifepapercraft.com/