PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Figurines and Anime

Old 03-30-2016, 05:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Life Papercraft blog

LifePapercraft

Fans of the figurine check out this blogspot.

The start of a fantastic set of Zodiac statues attracted me in,

but there's a stack of other fantastic models. Anyone fancy a life-size Elsa?

And for the true artistes, there's some not so demure ladies too.
Old 04-01-2016, 02:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 63.94 MB
After my last attempt with PDOs I'm not sure I'll try again - but as they say "never say never"

Mike
Old 04-01-2016, 06:58 PM

I can change .pdo pages into .jpg or other formats if you want them Mike. It's actually quite easy using the GIMP, but without the .pdo 3D view, there aren't any build instructions.
Old 04-04-2016, 06:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 63.94 MB
Thanks Johnny.

I downloaded the two figures - both pw protected but on my second attempt got the pw right. The figures are almost 6 feet tall and there are over 120 pages!!

So - Thanks but no thanks - life's too short to embark on something like that, and I don't have enough fingers to work out how much it would cost to print.

Cheers

Mike
Old 04-04-2016, 10:55 AM

Hee hee. You really should read everything before downloading Mike. You can cop for all sorts of nasties on these Eastern block sites. Using Chrome with auto-translate on permanently and several malware guards in place, the password was quite clearly given and it does say Elsa is life size.

No way my Mrs would give it house room, but can you imagine the visiting rugrats reaction to a life size Elsa in the living room?

It was the Zodiac statuettes that attracted me to the site. I've downloaded the three on offer and will monitor for any future ones, but being medically prevented from snippin' right now, I haven't printed them out, so I haven't sussed their size yet.

Which other life size figure did you download? Studying the PDOs they all look exceptionally well designed.
Old 04-04-2016, 11:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
I noticed the Dota Ilidan model has some parts that span two or more pages. When you look at the right hand (2D pattern) window in the PDO viewer you can see that the pages are indicated by the dashed lines as usual and some of the parts are solid across multiple pages.

Here is an example with one part spanning solidly across three pages and another part spanning solidly across two pages.
Life Papercraft blog-dota-ilidian1.jpg

That situation shows up in multiple places. Just a heads up for someone interested in making that particular model. Some extra joinery would be needed to make those multi-page spanning parts into one piece.
Old 04-04-2016, 04:21 PM

Surfing around as I do, I often run into this overlap situation with pdo files. Most often with long bladed weapons like swords. Can't be helped I'm afraid as the software can't cope with the long parts. All you can do is set the print with no borders and join with a double sided tab, or suitably edit the file yourself.

Some designers do try hard to correct these anomalies, but even more annoying are those that publish their designs without even trying to rearrange the parts into some sort of useable order. I've also run into quite a few very desirable model designs that haven't even been unfolded ... just the tantalising 3D view with nothing at all on the 2D side.

Of course if you are much cleverer than me and know how to drive Pep. designer, I suppose these things are not too much of a problem, but I'm too thick to figure it out myself.

I've got a stash of interesting 3D only pdo files awaiting my enlightenment though, but if any of you experts would like to oblige, I'd be grateful. I'd just love it for someone to come on a Welsh mountain holiday (Free bed & board) and teach me how to use Pepakura properly. Being the only forum member in Wales (According to the map) I can't just call on a neighbour.
Old 04-04-2016, 05:11 PM

If you click back to the first page of the Life Papercraft blog, you'll find the S.U.N Elementalist figure which is 1.73m tall. I've no idea what it's title means but I just call it the Amazon. Anyhow, I'm reliably informed that if you 'print to fit' on A3 card ... you get a real Amazon Warrior ...

Err, no the Mrs won't let me build that one either ...

It would be a bit freaky though ... as it has my granddaughter's face to a tee.
I know, if I use the Amazon's face on the Elsa figure I could get to be a favourite Granpop for a while methinks.
Old 04-05-2016, 08:42 AM

The Zodiac figure of Aquarius has now been added to the Life Papercraft blog.

This is no 4 of 12. Is anyone else collecting these?
Old 04-05-2016, 09:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Thanks for the heads up.
Yep, I am collecting them also. Without lines (sin lineas).
Google Adsense