PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Figurines and Anime

Old 11-30-2016, 07:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 985.89 MB
Well, I didn't post last night, because I had not made any progress (real life really gets in the way). Tonight I can report that I have made some decent advances. I will say that this project is pushing the envelope of some of my abilities. I am really learning to problem solve before the glue dries. The finished model will be a bit larger than I had planned (it certainly is not a miniature). Anyway, the head only needs the eyebrows. The hat is done and the jacket is about 70 percent finished. Hopefully by tomorrow night I will have joined those 3 parts. I flubbed a glue joint on the jacket, but the beard wil cover that area, so no one will ever know (unless someone here rats me out)
Attached Thumbnails
Santa gets a new thread-20161130_194644.jpg  
Old 11-30-2016, 09:40 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
what happens on Papermodelers stays in Papermodelers......
Old 12-01-2016, 08:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 93.62 MB
Sshhh! As Jethro Gibbs would say, "Never apologize... " It looks great to me! (and I won't whisper a word!) George
Old 12-01-2016, 09:07 PM

OK, I got the hat, the head and the jacket together. In the process, I lost the tassel off the hat. It must have fallen into the paper scrap bin. It would take hours to sift through all that, so I will make a new one tomorrow. I will start on the arms and start the sled tomorrow also. It took a bit to figure out how best to glue the head on. Finally, I decided the easiest way was to put down a bead of glue on the ring of the jacket collar (all hidden under the hair)and push the neck down on it. It worked fine and eliminated the time consuming effort of individually gluing each jacket tab inside the neck piece.

I can't upload photos. I get the error " The Paper Modelers page isn’t working

Paper Modelers is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500message ".

Anyone else having this problem. I have had this problem on and off for the last week.

John
Old 12-02-2016, 08:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
I've had that problem for years. I always have to add photos as attachments or post in another forum and insert the images from there. I'm of little to no help on that issue
Google Adsense
Old 12-02-2016, 07:47 PM

I have made some more progress. From the photos (if they post), you can see that I have a few of the parts of the left arm assembled. There are a few others about half assembled and the sled box has been cut out (but not assembled).

OK, things are really going from bad to worse. I just tried to send the administrator an explanation of my uploading problem via the standard form and it bounced back with a message of invalid content. Can someone pass on my problems to the right person. Right now, it seems that this is my only means of connection with the powers that be.
Old 12-02-2016, 08:07 PM

Let's see if this works. All right! Thanks Vermin King, I used the paper clip attachment symbol instead of the "manage attachments" and it worked like a charm.

John
Attached Thumbnails
Santa gets a new thread-20161202_202833.jpg  
Old 12-03-2016, 08:23 PM

I have installed the left arm (that was a real learning experience!). I am currently building the right arm. It should go a bit faster, now that I somewhat know what I am doing.
Attached Thumbnails
Santa gets a new thread-20161203_210931.jpg   Santa gets a new thread-20161203_210953_001.jpg   Santa gets a new thread-20161203_210903.jpg  
Old 12-04-2016, 10:30 PM

Well, I am making slow progress. The new glue dries much faster than my old standby, but it still takes 24 hours for a full set. I like the firm stick within 60 seconds, but a lot of the parts still need the full cure before adding the next section. Right now, I have all the other arm segments assembled (photo 1), but not attached to one another. Because of the need for a perfect fit between segments, I let each attached piece cure before wrestling on the next segment. In the mean time, I am also working on the first leg (photo 2). As you can see, there are even more segments for the leg. Tomorrow is another day, but also a work day, so we shall see how much I can advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Santa gets a new thread-20161204_231038.jpg  
Old 12-04-2016, 10:34 PM

Here is the second photo. Still having problems adding photos.
Attached Thumbnails
Santa gets a new thread-20161204_231020.jpg  
Google Adsense