PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Figurines and Anime

Old 12-22-2016, 02:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Lookin' good Ruben. You've tweaked out the seams in her face beautifully. Just the odd peaks that could be burnished smoother on the penguins, but it's far less important in such simple cartoon figures.

I'm wondering if you can explain the downloads for this model? I've downloaded part 1, part 2, and part 3 as .zip files, but on opening all three parts would appear to be the same complete model. I say appear to be 'cos my part 3 has a corrupted .pdo in it and won't open. Part 2 also flagged up an error but it appears to be complete.

I'm wondering if they are meant to be ver 1, ver 2, ver 3, and maybe the poses are different? Difficult to compare without opening the files on different computers or messing around with screenshots. The easier option being to ask you.
Old 12-22-2016, 04:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
Lookin' good Ruben. You've tweaked out the seams in her face beautifully. Just the odd peaks that could be burnished smoother on the penguins, but it's far less important in such simple cartoon figures.

I'm wondering if you can explain the downloads for this model? I've downloaded part 1, part 2, and part 3 as .zip files, but on opening all three parts would appear to be the same complete model. I say appear to be 'cos my part 3 has a corrupted .pdo in it and won't open. Part 2 also flagged up an error but it appears to be complete.

I'm wondering if they are meant to be ver 1, ver 2, ver 3, and maybe the poses are different? Difficult to compare without opening the files on different computers or messing around with screenshots. The easier option being to ask you.
Thanks for your words John.

The files come as this:

princess.part1.rar
princess.part2.rar
princess.part3.rar

And they are all needed. I just re-downloaded them, and checked. I used Winrar to pen them, and worked fine.

As you note, the PDOs inside them are all the same files (There are no alternate poses). But for some strange reason, the three parts are needed for it to decompress properly.

The only PDO files inside the rar file are: one for the Princess, the other one for the penguins, and the last one is for the display base and background.

The only real option available (inside the Princess PDO), is a separate set of arms with fluffy ruffles on the gloves. Skirt, hat, and scarf are all built separate from the body and come inside the same PDO.

Hope that helps

Old 12-22-2016, 04:35 PM

Cheers for that Ruben. I'll try downloading them again.
Old 12-22-2016, 05:03 PM

Here's a screen shot of the three downloaded .rar files, opened using Win10. Part 1 and part 2 seem to have the same four files in, which all open OK in Pepakura, but part 3 only has the Princess.pdo file ... which has a data error in it and won't open in pepakura.

It's a bit of a mystery, but I guess I'll have to run a print session to find out if they print OK. Even better ... I'll run a Print to PDF and save me some paper.
Old 12-22-2016, 05:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
Here's a screen shot of the three downloaded .rar files, opened using Win10. Part 1 and part 2 seem to have the same four files in, which all open OK in Pepakura, but part 3 only has the Princess.pdo file ... which has a data error in it and won't open in pepakura.

It's a bit of a mystery, but I guess I'll have to run a print session to find out if they print OK. Even better ... I'll run a Print to PDF and save me some paper.
"Princess" from the third file, and "Princess" from the first two files are the same.
If you can extract properly the first, you won't need the last one

Google Adsense
Old 12-22-2016, 05:29 PM

Using only the files in the Part 1.rar, I have successfully used Cutepdf to create pdf files of everything, so I'm now confident that all the files in part 1 will print out OK. But I'll leave the other two .rar files on file, just in case.

No, I'm not about to compete with Ruben on this one. I just took a liking to the penguins and am tucking it into my archives. Unless the latest drug routine makes a drastic improvement to my wonky fingers over Xmas/New Year, I doubt I'll be joining in the competition anyway.
Old 12-22-2016, 08:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 342.84 MB
I think it's a multi part archive, they contain part of the same files, part one contain the files but you need all parts to open it, like a puzzle.
I've came across some models with this format in the past
Old 12-22-2016, 09:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Noticed that also. Opened up all the rar files and created one master file.
Old 12-23-2016, 10:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 271.84 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja Ahsani View Post
I think it's a multi part archive, they contain part of the same files, part one contain the files but you need all parts to open it, like a puzzle.
I've came across some models with this format in the past

This is correct. All three files have the index, i.e. the names and sizes of the files contained in the archive, but each of the files contains only a portion of the archive data, and so all three must be present in order to extract the data. I'm pretty sure this is done with low bandwidth downloading in mind.
Current builds: Mirco Firefly Serenity 1:96, Saturn V 1:72
ADD victims: WM Columbia 1:100, AXM Atlas V 1:300, OBP Spruce Goose, Uhu02 X-Wing... and many others
Old 12-23-2016, 02:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
As a separate issue not just with this file, but other pdo files also. How do you get W10 to recognize Pepakura? I get this message. I can go to Pepakura, open the program, then search for the file I'm trying to open and it does. But I can't get File Explorer to recognize it to open automatically when I click on a pdo file. Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Free Model Contest #5 - Moekami's "Princess of the Crystal"-capture.jpg  
Google Adsense