PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Figurines and Anime

Old 08-25-2017, 04:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Did you save the Gryphon as well? Now there's a figurine I'm longing to get to grips with. I've never seen it built by anyone, but there looks to be quite a lot of embellishment potential.

I just found a build of it. I won't say by who, 'cos it's a bit rough.

Old 08-25-2017, 04:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Yep, the gryphon, an alliance lion, and a thresher shark.
Old 08-29-2017, 06:52 AM

Red face

I tried that fix posted at the end of Post #1. It did not work out so good. All it really did was introduce another set of tabs to worry about. I would suggest building the front section starting with the nose and working back to just behind the front shoulders then building the back section starting with the tail and working forward to the belly section then figure out how to glue the two sections together.

Some of the parts look like gerrymandered Congressional districts. It would probably be easier to not include the top halves of the tail as intregal parts of the right and left hind legs.

I have built a few four legged critters where the hoofs/paws/feet and legs were not one big piece but were broken up into numerous tubular sections that stacked onto each other. That makes access to the glue tabs/strips easier and the build a lot easier than having the one big piece.

Here are some pictures with the snow leopard looking textures:

Old 08-29-2017, 03:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
I haven't built this one Doug. He's a bit too angular for me, but from my similar experiences of 4 legged animals ... my suggested order is ... rear legs and hips ... then front legs and chest ... reaching through neck to get at waist tabs. Then build the head. Form a loose fitting tube in the neck to carry the head. this enables the head to be rotated for posing or correct alignment, then glued into place using a hypodermic syringe to inject glue into the neck joint. Each to his own of course, but this order works well for me.

Anybody out there tried any of the Canon Premium models yet? I'm not finding them easy at all, and my senses are screaming at me to double size them by printing on A3. I am staying at A4 size for now though and hope to post the first one soon.
Old 09-22-2017, 11:29 AM

Here is another World of Warcraft tiger in a different pose.

This one was difficult to make because of the way the parts were rendered. Lots of long, unsupported areas and no good way to close the form up to complete it. The parts were layed out on the pages in the wrong orientation. Most parts in a pdo file seem at least be in the correct orientation so you can visualize the placement on the model a little better. But it did turn out OK when finished.
Google Adsense