PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Figurines and Anime

Old 08-23-2017, 07:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
World of Warcraft Tiger

Here is a finished model of a World of Warcraft tiger.
It can be found here.
I printed it on 12 x 18 inch paper at 150%. It is around 21 inches/53.4 cm long from tip of tail to tip of nose and around 9 inches/23 cm tall at the front shoulder.

There are a bunch of textures included in the downloaded .rar file so you can change the appearance of the figure.

I had posted a picture in the Lounge about how at a point in the build it reminded me of something from John Carpenter's The Thing. Turned out the build sequence should not have followed that path. It looks lik you need to build the hind section with the rear legs and the head section with the front legs then join them using a modified part on page 9 of the model file, part Geoset_0-30. That will leave you access to the inside of the model so you can glue the tabs on the rear and front sub-assemblies to the middle joining part.

I am going to try that out when I build the model with the snow leopard looking texture. One-o'-these-days.
Google Adsense
Old 08-23-2017, 09:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.75 GB
Great looking creature, not that it doesn't look too 'thingy' any more.
Old 08-23-2017, 09:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 198.27 MB
Looks like a saber toothed tiger with stripes.
Perhaps they did have stripes.
Who knows ?
Old 08-23-2017, 09:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Handsome beast. Thanks for pointing out the build order. I still mean to do one of these ... some day
Old 08-23-2017, 09:45 AM

Thanks for looking in.
Yes, it does look kind of Thingy and saber toothy.

The claws and fangs will be left off of the snow leopard version.

There are actually no mounting areas shown for the claws and the fangs on the model. You have to put them where you think they should go.

The claws had to be modified a bit to go onto the paws because there was no way they would go on as presented in the model parts. A v-notch had to be cut in each of the claws then fitted around the area on the paws where they should be. There are actually a lot of gaps in some of the claws where I did not get the v-notch quite right. Notice no close ups of the paws and claws.
Google Adsense
Old 08-24-2017, 07:36 AM

VK, that modification to part Geoset_0-30 is just a preliminary evaluation based on a problem I ran into while building the model. I had to cut the model in half to gain access to some glueing surfaces in the front of the model so there would be good adhesion. You need access to the interior near the head area when attaching it to the body to apply pressure to some glueing surfaces so the seams won't look bad. Put the ears on before attaching the head to the body.

The area shown to cut on that part gives two pieces that seem to be needed to join the right and left side of the rear legs assembly together for more stability. The flaps indicated to close last would leave an opening to assist in glueing the rear legs assembly to part Geoset_0-30 and the front of the model to part Geoset_0-30. You would then have to apply glue and close the bottom of the part.

At least that is how I see it.

When the model was finished I had set it down on the work surface and left the room for a while. When I came back it looked for a split second that there was a stray cat standing there. Almost got my home defense shotgun out.
Old 08-25-2017, 05:18 AM

Well, the tiger has been claimed and removed from the premises.
May it have a long and happy existence at its new abode.
At least it was asked for and not absconded with.
Old 08-25-2017, 11:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Doug ... remember this thread ... Dennis's Paper Tiger

I never did finish it, and if Peter (Eatcrow) did he never published pictures. It's still in a drawer waiting for the day when my fingers can hack it, but I've still got the .pdo/pdf files if you want a go. It's a much better looking beast than this one.

I don't know if Dennis still looks in here, but his WoW web blog disappeared a while ago now, so I don't think it's still out there.
Old 08-25-2017, 01:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
This is as far as I got with it before the Chemo destroyed my fingers ...

I also found Pete's old thread, which again just stops ... but at least his pictures are still there. I guess he didn't use Photobucket.

Warcraft "Tiger"

I'd love to see it finished. As I said ... I've still got the files ... if anyone wants to have a go. You'll see from the threads that Sunto was thinking about it back then too, but I've not seen it materialise.
Old 08-25-2017, 03:30 PM

Johnny, went looking through my saved model files and found that tiger. I might just give it a try sometime soon.
Google Adsense