PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Figurines and Anime

Old 11-27-2017, 11:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
I must admit that I wasn't familiar with Madun Two Swords stuff (But I am now) . I think I ran into it on Pinterest and liked the tail-fin.

Interestingly (or not) the mermaid download at Papercraft Only still isn't working, but today it appeared on a Russian Pirate site with a choice of four working download links. There's quite a few other models offered there within hours of them being mentioned on PM, so I guess our naughty member is back in action.

I'd like to know who her original designer is though. There are some really excellent folds coming out that have created a small valley right down her back bone, continuing down to create realistic separate butt cheeks, and the mammary shaping is exquisite, but my damaged fingers are having real trouble persuading the card to warp into the designed shapes. I'm almost tempted to double size and start again, but I'll stick with it a bit longer ... Maybe another boob tomorrow, but I think there's gonna be quite a bit of pink touch up done before the clear coat goes on.
Old 11-27-2017, 11:08 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
You might want to take a look through the Japanese model gallery on the pepakura site, I think that is where I have seen it orginally
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 11-27-2017, 11:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
The basic form of the mermaid came from here ... Mermaid Papercraft | Free PaperCrafts, Paper Models ... but as you may find, the download no longer works....
I remember that mermaid. it was originally released a looong time ago.

There's still a working link in a Korean site, from a 2010 post:
Mermaid
But I don't know if it was the original designer.

Old 11-27-2017, 11:31 AM

That's the one Ruben, but again it is a copy from an unnamed source.

Oh I do hope you're right Rick. A pdo file on this would be VERY helpful. So I'm off to search right through the Japanese gallery. I've not looked through there for some time now, so who knows what else I'll pick up along the way.
Old 11-27-2017, 12:22 PM

No go on the Japanese Pepakura gallery, but I have now noticed that surprisingly there are more pages in the English gallery than there are in the Japanese one. So I'm wading through that too. Didn't notice any WebDude stuff in the Japanese gallery, but there's loads in the English one.
Old 11-27-2017, 03:42 PM

No go on the English Pepakura Gallery either. So I guess it's back to just feeling my way through with the PDF prints. I must admit that I am quite enjoying the challenge, and it is progressing slowly. I'm working two models together. One in paper with the original interlocking tabs, so I can experiment with the right positions of the pieces. Once I'm sure of the correct positioning and curvature, I switch to the card model using flush seams with backing tabs.

Whoever designed this was/is a true paper artist and I'd really love to credit him/her with a superb basic design. In a way I'm glad I haven't found a pdo file of this. The low poly fold lines would really spoil a build. It looks so much better as fully rounded out as possible. Which I'm guessing was the intention and the reason for using all the interlocking tabs. They must have been horrendous to work out, and I do have my doubts that this work of art was ever put through Pepakura. I wish now that I had started to record the build in pictures so that I could show y'all, but I started this with grave doubts that I would ever finish it.
Old 11-27-2017, 03:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
I do not intend rudeness but to me, there is something totally wrong with that sort of 'model'. Sorry.
Old 11-27-2017, 04:50 PM

So go back to your War Machines Mike. I can understand your interest in them, but I prefer art and comedy. I was a 'Warrior' for 30+ years, but I'm done with that now. The dreams are fading and life seems worth living again.

Peace and love brother.
Old 11-27-2017, 04:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
Amen to that brother.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:55 AM

Not a lot of progress but a difficult stage completed.

Scratching my head a bit as to how the shoulders go together, but I'm sure I'll get there.