PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Figurines and Anime

Old 01-23-2019, 05:51 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 3.69 GB
I like the Wonder Woman. I downloaded some free one's to see what they are like.
After un rar-ing them I get a pdf with fold lines and one without +a pdo. which I don't have on my iMac. Some of them are pdo only.So I guess I'm out of luck, right?
Cheers, Bob
Old 01-23-2019, 06:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
You will need either Pepakura Designer or Pepakura Reader to open and print from a .pdo file. I've never used any Apple equipment, but as far as I know, there is no IOS version of Pepakura. So I imagine you'll need some form of Windows emulator running in order to access the files.

You could ask a friend with a PC to use Pepakura to run off .pdf files from the .pdo files, but I've run into a Mac user who claims that it won't use such ancient formats as .pdf either ... which considering how widely pdf is used commercially, seems strange to me.

As I commented to him ... Even Rolls Royces have to use the same roads as Ford Cortinas.

Other than that, all I can suggest is to ask a PC user to supply you with printouts, or maybe convert the .pdf files to .jpg or .bmp for you. But then again, maybe iOS can't handle these old fashioned formats either?

Bottom line being ... If you choose to live in the Apple walled garden, y'all just gotta play by their rules.
Old 01-24-2019, 06:44 PM
Eternal Member

John, It does pdf's fine.
Cheers, Bob
Old 01-25-2019, 11:27 AM

It does raise a question though Bob ... I don't know much about anything Apple, but I have seen mentioned that there are such things as Windows emulators available for iOS now. Just wondering if anyone has tried to use Pepakura via one? It really is worth the effort.

Although PDO development is very much in the hands of a Japanese developer who seems to have no interest in entering the Apple scenario, his PDO system has heavily infiltrated paper modeling and Cosplay scenes worldwide. Many modelers are still trying to resist this as it is a little complex, but once you make the effort to learn to use it, it will take over your modeling life. Regrettably, there is little English language instruction around, but if you poke around in their FAQ and INFO pages, some distributors do try, and there is a growing band of enthusiasts here that will answer any questions.
Old 01-25-2019, 06:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 29.59 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
It does raise a question though Bob ... I don't know much about anything Apple, but I have seen mentioned that there are such things as Windows emulators available for iOS now. Just wondering if anyone has tried to use Pepakura via one? It really is worth the effort.

I know for sure it installs and runs on my Linux Ubuntu box with a program called "Wine". Which is not really an Windows emulator per se, but a Windows software "environment". I think that's available for the Mac OS as well. Not sure about that though. Maybe a Mac person could tell us.
Old 01-28-2019, 02:57 PM
Eternal Member

ShadowCory, I found a program called "Wineskin" which it says allows Mac OS to run Windows games. It has a lot of stuff written in computerese, which I don't speak, so I haven't downloaded it. Have any of you Mac users tried it? Or am I the only Mac user left?
Cheers rom
Old 01-28-2019, 05:06 PM

I read through some of this ... https://lifehacker.com/how-to-run-yo...ith-1660969393 ... which convinced me that I'm glad I don't use a Mac, but paragraph 3 made huge sense to me and lead me here ... https://lifehacker.com/how-to-run-wi...-progr-5887081 . It seems that you CAN dual boot Windows with iOS on a Mac. Now that should answer ALL the compatibility problems methinks..

We're just keeping this thread current for ya David. You can take it back anytime just by posting more pictures of our favorite gal.
Old 02-01-2019, 04:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 14.63 MB
as im letting the weather clear up a bit thout I whod up date the build tread as the mac cours has come to an end. have mac at work asmy colege thinks that do know wrogne but prefer pc.

left arm now fingers where ok but knokels where a pain

the rest of the arm was ok.

her upper are braslet was to big so I made it up of strips of paper and made it a bit more 3d.

the sheld whent to gether fine.

while doing the sheld I slowly fixst her arm in place as that seems to be an arrquared join.

Old 02-01-2019, 10:07 AM

Ah yes. Fingers! Gotta be the worst nightmare of any figurine building, but it looks like you've made a dang good job of them so far. Well done. Adding a bit of 3D to the arm bracelet was a good idea and well executed too.

PS: I've sent you a PM.
Old 02-01-2019, 12:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.63 MB
thanks John had a snow day so did the shield straps to day had to narrow the hand strap to make it fit her hand.

Google Adsense