PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Figurines and Anime

Old 02-01-2019, 12:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.39 GB
This looks superb!
Old 02-01-2019, 05:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
David ... Just a suggestion ... As you found, extra layers improved the 3D effect on the armlets ... How about a similar exercise on the shield? Print another copy of the parts and cut out the black eagle and rings ... add layers to make them thicker, then add them onto the existing shield. It may improve it a bit further if these dark bits were darkened further with a marker pen too.
Old 02-01-2019, 06:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 9.39 MB
At first I was all "wow, clean build with nice detail..."

Then I realized the model was in front of a radiator and the size sunk in.
Then I repeated my initial statement, but with much more admiration.

Anyone who builds large has my kudos.
Old 02-02-2019, 09:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 14.63 MB
thanks Revell Fan and Ekuth I will put a 50cm scale in next time.

John now stop. I all redey have an brain worm about printing her out on a3. but you are right the shield is a bit flat. paper going in the printer now.

Old 02-03-2019, 11:03 AM

I got bored and built me own one ...

Well ... a cubee wiv boobs, pert butt and a big attitude ... I just couldn't resist her.
Old 02-03-2019, 04:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.63 MB
Good one John she has got atitud. Grammerly is not downloading for some reson but windows keeps trying.

Not a very good pic but shield in place I had to ollter the hand strap as it was to wide to fit her hand.

After Johns sujestion and very little hessitasion on my part I added some more deffinon to the shield adding the bands round the egde and making the egle moor promiment, parts to be added to the shield.

fixst to the shield the scale is 50 cm

Made a start on the sword hilt .

Old 02-03-2019, 05:38 PM

I said that shield could be easily improved. It looks so much better now.

Try to stand her near a window to get better natural lighting. Remember to back right off if you resort to flash though. Flash will really show up any white edges you've missed, so back right off then edit the picture down to the size you want. I mainly use Paint.net for editing. https://www.getpaint.net/download.html It's free and quite powerful. I find cropping down a distance shot gives a softer focus that doesn't show up the faults so much. ie: It makes your models look much better than they really are.

Trust old Johnny now. I used to be quite an expert on lifelike models before my fingers were destroyed by chemotherapy gone wrong.

https://www.grammarly.com/ Just click the 'ADD TO CHROME' button. Assuming you use the Chrome browser that is.
Old 02-05-2019, 06:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.97 GB
Downloaded the wonder woman and bunny but both kits have fold lines. Checked with L Paper and only got the answer -ya se le mando el archivo por correo electronico revise porfavor (Google translated as and you will control the file by email please check). Have Pepakura Designer 4, so can it get rid of the fold lines using it? Will appreciate any help.
Old 02-06-2019, 08:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.97 GB
Good after sale service by Louis. Problem solved. Thank you everyone!!!
Old 02-06-2019, 04:47 PM

Good to note that Louis promptly solved your problem, as he did for me.

A small point to note though ... Since Pepakura was upgraded to v.4 both Designer and Reader are now free downloads ... BUT ... quite a few tools and facilities are blocked in the free version of Designer. These only open up when the paid for code is entered. I can't remember what the price was now, but it wasn't very expensive. I've paid more for a model.

On another .pdo model I spent quite some time picking up some left aside pieces and moving them into spaces on the pages, only to find that I couldn't save the changes. I could print them out OK, but couldn't save the modifications. Applying the paid for code sorted this for me though.

However, if the designer decides to password or lock the file, it means he doesn't want you to mess with it ... as is his right. Without that password, you will not be able to change anything. Often a protected file will not open in Designer and can only be opened in Reader. As I said before ... the designer has every right to protect his hard work, but it can be very frustrating to run into this when you can see some glaring mistakes that need sorting. Then all you can do is try to contact the designer personally. I've found that they are usually quite cooperative like Louis, but if you run into language difficulties ... remember Google is your friend. It does try hard and nowadays can often make a good guess at Chinese and Korean, but it still struggles a lot with Japanese. Mainly because they habitually put their text in graphics boxes, so Google only sees it as part of the picture. When exploring the intricacies of Pepakura it can help a little if you keep in mind that it was written in Japanese.

Last edited by JohnM; 02-06-2019 at 04:58 PM.
Google Adsense