PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Figurines and Anime

Old 02-07-2019, 01:13 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
That's a cool build David. I guess, once finished she will be guarding your Sherman??

Reminds me of the fact I still have an RAF fighter pilot to be build, smaller scale but with similar horizontally layered construction method and with those tiny fingers...

Cheers,
Erik
Old 02-18-2019, 04:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.63 MB
Erik thanks. she will be too big fit in my display cabinet with the Sherman so she will have to guard the modeling room in sted.

Old 03-17-2019, 05:19 PM

about time for an update.

after the last post, I chained the 2 arm straps on the sheld as I thought they looked a bit clunky

so I glued the outside part to two moor thickness of-of the same paper and the inside to one more.

next, the sword

i decided to make a scabbard

finger's of the right hand.

the rest of the arm

Old 03-19-2019, 08:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Excellent progress David. I take it you designed and scratch built the scabbard. Well done, but a minor comment ... it's mounted a leeetle bit too high on her hip for a fast draw, but such things are common in the film/comic book world.

I bet those fingers have put a few people off building this one, eh? They look great but probably wouldn't grip the sword hilt too well ... Simples ... put it in a scabbard ... I like your creative thinking.

Nothing creative happening here though. Takes quite an effort to actually get out of the bed, and by the time I've washed, dressed, and made breakfast, I am too exhausted to eat it.
Old 03-20-2019, 05:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Very impressive build David. The round shapes (....) come out very nicely! I figure it will not be that easy to place the head between the shoulders unless the gluing tabs provide a solid base to neatly glue the various parts together.

Regards,
Erik
Google Adsense
Old 03-20-2019, 04:43 PM

Thanks, Erik glad you like the round shapes the head was hard to put on had to do some surgery to her neck.

thanks, John I thought so too and her boob gets in the way as well, the fingers are not that bad it's the knuckles that are. yes I did scratch build the scabbard

I had the sword too high so I lengthened the scabbard straps.

as I found fixing her left arm and shoulder to her body a fiddle I thought I would do the shoulder to her body first and then fix her arm in place.

her head is just dry fitted in place.

that's all for now.

Old 03-21-2019, 09:02 AM

Cool now for some real nitpicking ... ... Adjust the scabbard strap lengths so that the hilt is thrust forward and the tip is well away from her knee. In its current position, it will play havoc with those lovely legs when loaded, and could even trip her when the weapon is deployed. Trust me on this ... Not only was I a soldier for over 30 yrs, for a good proportion of that time I was in the elite 'Warrior' group, where all forms of close combat were the name of the game.
Old 03-21-2019, 03:30 PM

Remote building now lol. yes, the scabbard is to close to her leg and will give it a redo at the weekend will be a break from her hair. I live just under Salisbury plain where you must have spent some time on.

Old 03-21-2019, 04:06 PM

Yeah, I bet you're really looking forward to that hair. It may take a bit of work to make it look realistic, but don't lose heart.

I do believe I did cross the plain a few times as a lad on a bike and did a Roma pilgrimage to the 'Henge' once, but I never went there as a soldier. I did learn early in my career to avoid tanks like the plague. Even the so-called friendly ones are pretty blind (or just plain careless) when it comes to any grunts in the area. We used to hide from most "friendly" aircraft too unless we needed a ride of course. Most of my UK training was done on Maplin Sands, the Yorkshire Moors, or in the Cairngorms. Aldershot and Catterick were called home, but 90% of my service was overseas.
Old 03-21-2019, 04:57 PM

on the hair now

Google Adsense