PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Figurines and Anime

Old 03-31-2019, 03:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.63 MB
Well having finished her left hand I found that the sword handle was too big so I remade it square so it fitted her hand but I hung lools as the blade was heavier than handle so I made a roll of lead to fit in the handle and left the pommel unglued so it can be removed so i can put it in its scabbard when I don't want it in her hand or travelling.

I thought dowing her shoulder first would make it easier to fix her arm on but I was not but I finally got it fixed. her head is not glued in place.

then it came to fixing her head. I had to remove the part of her shoulders that I had fixed to her neck, to get a good fix to the rest of her. I then fixed her head in place.

up next her hair, not that easy I stared at the top and without scoring this did not work and went in the bin and I restarted after scoring and it went together better, although the triangle curved tips to locks are a challenge to glue together

more hair to follow in the next update.

Old 04-01-2019, 08:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Your female warrior is really taking shape. The hair must have been a great challenge to make! Amazing design also. Simply very creative!

Cheers,
Erik
Old 04-11-2019, 08:23 AM

thanks Erik having trouble connecting to the site from home can only get to the site from work

Old 04-11-2019, 09:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
She's looking good David. Somehow I don't think the bald look really suited her. Now you've built it as designed, I still think you should try the hair again without the creases. Yeah, I know it makes it harder, but the end result is so worth the effort. I always build a parallel untextured figure with all the folds in so that I can experiment a bit to get it right before building the textured parts without the folds.

Too late now, but I should have suggested earlier that you finish the head at the neck, then build the body upwards to the neck. That should leave a simple round socket joint at the neck, which would also allow you to rotate the head as desired.

As to your problem logging in at home ... Have you noticed that this site is http not https ? Win 10 will indicate it as 'not secure'. Possibly you have some protective software running that prevents access?
Old 04-11-2019, 10:27 AM

thanks John edge just has errmmm cant connect other browers just time out I think its some think to do with my provida the postoffice. I did stop at her neck and then thout addthe bit of soulder would be better but was not. I down think the hair can be done with out scoring as some part fold back on them selfs.

Google Adsense
Old 07-15-2019, 04:11 PM

Just bumping this thread back up ... to remind David that he hasn't finished it yet. C'mon man, we're all longing to see her in her full glory.
Old 07-16-2019, 12:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 70.75 MB
Send a message via MSN to Lex
Wait, I have seen the real thing and... what part is not finished?
Old 07-16-2019, 02:23 PM

Oh, I don't doubt that David has finished the model Lex, I'm just saying he hasn't put the finished result up here for us all to enjoy.

I've just found another WW paper model, which looks promising ...

Problem is that it is uploaded on a pirate site by 'Squirrelfish' and I haven't traced a legal download yet. The designer logo on the PDO is Jackhammer, Author shown as César da Mata, who could be Dumdumbot on Deviant Art. Also mentioned is 'unfolded by Eddie Dias'(Any relation Claudio?) but nowhere have I seen a legal download or sale offered. I'll keep digging though.
Old 07-17-2019, 08:53 AM

I found it on the "Unfold Heroes" facebook page ... https://www.facebook.com/groups/1658833497717132/

Scroll down a bit. Cesar da Mata posts a link to a 3D render, but just above that Azazel Azazel Pepa Adams posts a link to an unfolded .pdo.

Methinks this Facebook page needs further exploring.
Old 07-17-2019, 02:44 PM

sorry for not posting don't seem to have the time to do a post but will try and do it soon.

Google Adsense