PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Figurines and Anime

Old 09-16-2009, 04:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 365.92 MB
Mr.Big,

Fantastic modeling!

Thank you for opening the Just Paper board to foreigners. I've been a member of Naver for over a year but couldn't join Just Paper until now!:D

Thank You!!

SteveK
Old 02-01-2011, 07:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Is still open the register for foreigners in naver (and justpaper)?, because I’ve been trying (many weeks), but never receive the sms with the activation code, any help will be welcome. (Sorry my English is terrible)
Old 02-02-2011, 07:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 297.87 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfer01 View Post
Is still open the register for foreigners in naver (and justpaper)?, because I’ve been trying (many weeks), but never receive the sms with the activation code, any help will be welcome. (Sorry my English is terrible)
I'm not sure, but I'm almost certain that they closed off access (including suspending access of foreign members). I think it is because someone shared one of their models outside of their club. You don't see PaperModelers, Zealot, or any other club getting their panties in a bunch, and excluding anyone because a model leaked out. These clubs don't make it ridiculously impossible to join either. The standard for EVERY site/club signup is submit basic info, receive e-mail confirmation, then click link, presto - you're a member. You don't see Jan Rukr, uhu02, Moekami, or Julius Perdana refusing to share because of all the file sharing links of their models. Sheesh!

They of course have the right to run their club any way they see fit. But it seems very passive aggressive, unfriendly, and ridiculous to me (just my passionate opinion). It is also counter to the entire papercraft community, except for a very few isolated exceptions.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:17 PM

I personally strongly agree with the opinion oriod01, maybe it is the policy of justpape to restrict outsiders to participate register at the forum, to be honest I'm happy to see the contents of the forum, many good designers, and also a great builder as well, sometimes I took the idea to build a papercraft of the site, but with limitations that I feel a bit too far ,the forum was only just a decoration,
hopefully justpaper owners, if you really want to share the pleasure makes the design of Korean designers, at least open the chance for foreigners who want to register.
many thanks

a papermodel fans from Indonesia
Old 02-02-2011, 09:03 PM

If it is a South Korean website then more than likely you need a social number to join. South Korean internet sites which use registration methods to control membership usually require this extra piece of valuable information.

It is a very closed off system though. C'est la vie.
Google Adsense
Old 02-03-2011, 10:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.73 MB
Well.. Mr.Big here...
It is true that Just Paper was closed off for a while before but now it isn't anymore.
If you just get past the Naver.com registration process, you are free to join Just Paper.
The following link seems to be pretty good for walk-thru in registering with Naver.com
http://www.leddytech.com/stuff/naver_english.pdf

I just feel so bad for those who get stuck at the validation process where Naver send out the text message with the validation code.
It could be fault with Naver not being able to send out the international text message properly but it could more likely be fault with the user putting in the mobile number or the user's cell carrier setting some sort of restrictions.

I am sure some of you know why Just Paper shut its door to members outside of Korea before.. Some turds at PO/Origami site decided to piss Just Paper off by sharing GaoGaiGar model along with few others. It pisses me off that over there recently, I see that someone is sharing illegally Mr. Nakamura's Heart Gear, Atom's Paper clock, Rob Ive's Automata models which I legally purchased. These models are probably not even sold over 100ea combined due to having limited target base availability.
If you are Mr. Nakamura and sees these people carelessly distributing your preciously unique models out irresponsibly, how would you feel?
Not only you would be very pissed off, but you may not want to have the next model in-line available fearing same bad thing will happen to you again.

Anyway.. coming back to the topic of interest here... I salute to thankful people here sharing their hard-worked creations. Same goes for people at paper-replika.com and likewise too. Unfortunately Just Paper cannot work like that.
It is owned and managed by one individual doing what he loves in his little domain. He did not intend Just Paper to be noticed globally or be famous.
There is a reason why I stayed off and be silent since this posting athough there are many things I could have posted here.
I felt like I've used this place for promoting Just Paper. But if the moderators here and the members here are alright, I will post photos of my work as well as some informations regarding current status in Just Paper site along with other Korean paper craft communities.

Once agian, Just Paper is now willing to accept members outside of Korea but I earnestly ask you not to be like people at Po/Origami site because if you do become like them, it will become very tough to access Just Paper later.

Thanks for understanding.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbig View Post
Well.. Mr.Big here...
It is true that Just Paper was closed off for a while before but now it isn't anymore.
If you just get past the Naver.com registration process, you are free to join Just Paper.
The following link seems to be pretty good for walk-thru in registering with Naver.com
http://www.leddytech.com/stuff/naver_english.pdf

I just feel so bad for those who get stuck at the validation process where Naver send out the text message with the validation code.
It could be fault with Naver not being able to send out the international text message properly but it could more likely be fault with the user putting in the mobile number or the user's cell carrier setting some sort of restrictions.

I am sure some of you know why Just Paper shut its door to members outside of Korea before.. Some turds at PO/Origami site decided to piss Just Paper off by sharing GaoGaiGar model along with few others. It pisses me off that over there recently, I see that someone is sharing illegally Mr. Nakamura's Heart Gear, Atom's Paper clock, Rob Ive's Automata models which I legally purchased. These models are probably not even sold over 100ea combined due to having limited target base availability.
If you are Mr. Nakamura and sees these people carelessly distributing your preciously unique models out irresponsibly, how would you feel?
Not only you would be very pissed off, but you may not want to have the next model in-line available fearing same bad thing will happen to you again.

Anyway.. coming back to the topic of interest here... I salute to thankful people here sharing their hard-worked creations. Same goes for people at paper-replika.com and likewise too. Unfortunately Just Paper cannot work like that.
It is owned and managed by one individual doing what he loves in his little domain. He did not intend Just Paper to be noticed globally or be famous.
There is a reason why I stayed off and be silent since this posting athough there are many things I could have posted here.
I felt like I've used this place for promoting Just Paper. But if the moderators here and the members here are alright, I will post photos of my work as well as some informations regarding current status in Just Paper site along with other Korean paper craft communities.

Once agian, Just Paper is now willing to accept members outside of Korea but I earnestly ask you not to be like people at Po/Origami site because if you do become like them, it will become very tough to access Just Paper later.

Thanks for understanding.
Thank you very much for your message, Mr Big.

You have explained in a clear way the situation, and I'm sure most of us understand the ways Just Paper works.

Mr. Nakamura's feelings are understandable.
It is very unfortunate what happened at /po/. But that's how things are over there at 4chan. There is no order, no manners, no seriousness, and no respect in anyway. And they don't seem to care about piracy.

Fortunately, here at Papermodelers.com (and other serious forums) we are not like that.

We are different and here we respect the designers and their works. And it is extremely rare to see people behaving here like the behavior seen at /po/.

You can rest assured that such behavior will never be seen or tolerated here. And people who have grown here will surely behave with good manners in any other place.

As for the other thing you mentioned:
I am not a moderator, and have no administrative powers.
But for what I've seen, I'm pretty sure that if you decide to share your photos they will be accepted, and we will be most glad to see them. Because it is always good to know what is happening in terms of paper modelling in other parts of the world. And we can also learn and be inspired by the models released by JustPaper.

If you are unsure where to post the updates, you can ask a moderator, they will surely tell you what section of the forum is best.

Have a great day!

Old 02-03-2011, 11:10 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
I am an admin, and I would welcome all members and builds from Korea.

I would love to be able to build some of the vehicles or Gundams that are offered by the Korean designers.

So extend the invitation to all of your Korean paper model brethren and I know they will be welcomed with open arms and minds.

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 02-03-2011, 01:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 55.12 MB
Yes

I second that!
Nobi Junkers SRF BETA build - BETA Build: Nobi's Junkers SRF 1:48 scale
Old 02-03-2011, 10:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 297.87 MB
It is a shame that /po/ has to risk screwing up things for everyone. I have tried to get through to the immoral (and ignorant) majority that live there. I have tried to explain that when they post models with 'wild abandon' and no respect for the designer they risk having that designer stop sharing. The response I always get is a spit in the eye. Worse thing is they post file sharing links for models that are available for free on the creator's website. This bypassing the designer really annoys and baffles me.

On the other hand, what some designers need to keep in mind is people discover this hobby for the first time every day. When a model is only available for a short period of time, that can suck for someone new, and does open up this kind of unauthorized sharing. Although a designer has the right to distribute as they see fit, it's just something to think about.

Unfortunately /po/ has absolutely no respect whatsoever. Fortunately most do not let the misdeeds of /po/ to stop them from sharing what they enjoy doing with everyone in this hobby.
Google Adsense