PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Figurines and Anime

Old 02-04-2011, 10:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 297.87 MB
OK, so I tried joining Naver, WTF. I followed the PDF instructions to the letter. After clicking email confirmation link with Capcha (sp?) code and got this screen (see attached). Also there wasn't any place to input code under where you put your e-mail address (like on pg 4 - Step 5 of instructions). WTF! Unnecessarily difficult and involved, I had to go through 5 SMS texts before I was able to get this far.
Attached Thumbnails
GaoGaiGar from Just Paper  50%-picture-1.jpg  
Old 02-05-2011, 10:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
it's still not working, but the guie is very usefull if some day i get to pass the sms clarification
Old 02-05-2011, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfer01 View Post
it's still not working, but the guie is very usefull if some day i get to pass the sms clarification
I had no problem at all with the SMS, each of the 5 times I tried to join that part worked. Where I ran into trouble was at Step 5. After entering your e-mail address at the bottom there is supposed to be an input box for a Captcha code. I'm not sure if it is supposed to be there before submitting the info (green button at bottom), or after submitting request for e-mail verification on following page where you review the info as submitted. Doesn't matter, as it wasn't there at either point. I did receive my e-mail verification with Captcha code and clicked the link (presumably to direct me to input that code). I then arrived at the page in my previous post. It appeared that this page was telling me I needed some extension to my web browser, so I downloaded and installed, then tried again.

Really, you have got to be kidding me! At this point I'm wondering how I'm going to submit to the retinal scan, DNA analysis, and the sacrifice of an endangered species. Am I signing up for a hobby club or trying to get top security clearance at the Pentagon (I think I accidentally have this now, LOL)? Feels like I had a colonoscopy and a root canal at the same time.

In summary, I tried this on my Mac with my Firefox and Safari browsers and then on my wife's Windows machine with Firefox (where the extension was installed) and Internet Explorer. I got no further than the page shown in my earlier post. It shouldn't be easier to hack into a site than to join it legitimately. Has anyone (outside of Korea) passed all the feats of strength, intelligence, and guile to enter the secret, sacred temple at the top of the Mountain of a Million Screams and shrouded by the Clouds of Woeful Despair?
Old 02-05-2011, 07:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.73 MB
Thank you everyone for your kind words.
I especially appreciate rickstef the administrator's warm welcome and allowing informations to be shared here.
I will try my best to come in here time and time to share some informations about what's happening in the neck of the Korean paper communities and hopefully some models that can be shared with members here.

oriod01.. How can I possibly feel and measure your massive frustration with Naver.com registration? I am so sorry that you are not getting what you deserve after all the efforts you have put in.
It would be good if I can go through the registration process by myself but since I am in Korea, Naver won't let me go through the process of foreigners registration.

If it can be any help to you, I will translate(only what's really necessary) what it says in the image that you have attached. Oh.. Boy.. I hate the Capcha code so much. Sometimes I can't even make out what it says.
Anyway, I can't see some letters due to small size but here is what it is saying,
On the top, the title says in bold, " Do you not see the Capcha code image? "
1. When you do not see the Capcha code image, it is most likely there is problem with your PC.
2. If you do not see the code, place your cursor at the image and right click to find out the image url location and copy and then open the location in the new page or window.(if you see the image, I guess you have to enter that code in the entering section)
3. If that still does not work, you need to see if your pc has pngfilt.dll installed.
pngfilt.dll is located at C:/window/system32 folder.
Of course in order to see this, you need to adjust folder option where you check and allow it to display system files and hidden files.
If you don't have that file, you can download(or find from the internet) pngfilt.dll file and place in the system32 folder and restart the computer.

Well, I hope that helped little. I hope you succeed somehow!
Old 02-05-2011, 09:27 PM

Believe me MrBig, I appreciate all your help with this. I don't know if 'deserve' would be the correct term. I know I am not entitled to anything (although it may sound like it). I do feel frustration, first with the closed attitude of such a talented group of modelers in a very open community, now with a unnecessarily difficult and trying proceedure (now that it has opened up), that ends in a road-block at the end of the process.

I figured out what the page was that I got and why... but after trying yet again still I can't finish the registration. The problem is (regardless of what OS or browser I use), there is absolutely no place to input the Captcha after receiving it. It is supposed to be directly beneath the place that you enter your e-mail address on the 'User Information' page (step 5), but it is not (???). This I presume is the final item to complete the registration. I feel like the man who dies of dehydration inches from an ice cold glass of water.
Google Adsense
Old 02-05-2011, 11:37 PM

I am curious is there anyone here from the U.S. that has successfully joined this past week, or tried and had the same problem that I am?

I don't see anywhere that I am doing something wrong, I don't know how to contact Naver via e-mail to see if the problem is at their end or if I'm just missing something?
Old 02-06-2011, 11:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 12.95 MB
hey Oriod,

I know your frustration with joining Cafe Naver. It is very difficult to say the least!

I have an account on Cafe Naver. I used to have a link for a page that was what eventually got me signed up. I'll see if I can find it and PM it too you.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltla9000311 View Post
hey Oriod,

I know your frustration with joining Cafe Naver. It is very difficult to say the least!

I have an account on Cafe Naver. I used to have a link for a page that was what eventually got me signed up. I'll see if I can find it and PM it too you.
Thanks for your help... but the guide MrBig posted was much the same as KoreanClub's (only more current). I had no problem with it, everything was as shown, and moved along as presented... except that the box to input your e-mail confirmation Captcha (directly beneath your e-mail address on the 'User Information' page) is absent. This is the final tiny piece to complete registration. Without this input box, registration is impossible to complete.
Attached Thumbnails
GaoGaiGar from Just Paper  50%-picture-3.jpg  
Old 02-06-2011, 05:58 PM

OK, I feel like an idiot (probably because I am). I finally figured it out, I was looking for the input on the page shown (User Information). It is not there but on another page, since I don't read Korean I'm feeling around in the dark. Which presents me with the next hurdle, signing up for blogs (this is a lot like mountain climbing). Made it past the first hurdle. Since Google Translate is the only option I have, I may be screwed on some of this. First question asked did not translate coherently at all. Answered them anyway, was not taken into blog, not sure whether it worked or not? This could be painfully... interesting. Thank you to everyone who has offered help. We'll see what happens from here.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
I really understand the feelings of the Korean designers for their model that the pirate by the people in the / po /, but believe it, that we come here to feel happy for all the hard work of talented designers from your country,
And thank you for your kindness to reopen registration for people outside of korea.
We await your post about the model created by the people in your community.

Best regard's

ilud
Google Adsense