PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Figurines and Anime

Old 10-28-2009, 10:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.67 MB
VF-1D Valkyrie Trainer

Hello All,

Well let the madness begin. I am building a VF-1D 2 seat trainer Valkyrie as a Christmas present for a buddy of mine who only builds in plastic and resin. He doesn't think he can build in paper (don't worry, I'm still working paper evil on him :P ).

I will try my best to document the build as a sort of tutoiral. I will be doing this with cockpit but gear up. My next build of a VF-1J in a special scheme will feature gear and flaps so gear will be covered there.

1st thing, pre-score all parts and cut em out. Arrange em by componets. Pick somewhere to start :P Note I have allt he tiny parts in a small plastic container. Man those things are handy to have round :D

Pix will be posted as I get stuff done

G1
Attached Thumbnails
VF-1D Valkyrie Trainer-10280001.jpg   VF-1D Valkyrie Trainer-10280002.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 10-28-2009, 11:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 224.02 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to marksolo
Alright! Finally we can see the master in action. Thanks for making this thread, and I hope your friend will finally see the light soon!
Old 10-29-2009, 04:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 51.85 MB
Send a message via AIM to ThunderChild Send a message via Skype™ to ThunderChild
This will be a thread well worth following!
Old 10-29-2009, 04:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Nice! Can't wait to following along:D
Old 10-29-2009, 07:52 PM

I'm really looking forward to the tutorials, thanks for all the trouble Getter 1

BTW, I already mentioned I like the 1D a lot, but I REALLY love the trainer unit from the Macross movie, the VT-1 super ostrich. Say, are there any plans to make that one available somewhere in the future? Sorry if I'm a little off topic.
Google Adsense
Old 10-29-2009, 08:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 12.95 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by onions22 View Post
I'm really looking forward to the tutorials, thanks for all the trouble Getter 1

BTW, I already mentioned I like the 1D a lot, but I REALLY love the trainer unit from the Macross movie, the VT-1 super ostrich. Say, are there any plans to make that one available somewhere in the future? Sorry if I'm a little off topic.
Onions-Getter has had that on his "to do" list, as do I. I have some references from my Macross the Movie "Gold" book. But I could use a few more.

Getter-any plans to start the Ostrich in the near future? If not I could add it to my already full plate!
Old 10-31-2009, 01:23 AM

Hello All,

It's been a couple days..............those kinda days :P

I have managed to get most of the main components together and I've haavily photographed the process but I lack the time and energy to post em up tonight :P

Expect a lot of posting from me here tomorrow

Onions, Ltla is working on the VT-1 parts currently. He's gettin pretty damn good so I leave that to his capable hands :D

I still have the YF-1R head to do also but don't know if that will ever be released (which is why it hasn't been done yet :P ). I did the color schemes from Robotech Battlecry and planned on doing the Battlecry YF-1R. I contaced Harmony Gold for permission and never hear from any of my inquires :( Therefore those schemes may never be released.

Oh V5, glad to see you back in the game brotha

G1
Old 10-31-2009, 10:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 224.02 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to marksolo
I dont understand why you need permission from Harmony Gold to make any thing that is paper and non-profit.

Besides Boeing and Lockheed have been collect royalties for plastic military replicas while completely ignoring paper model manufacturers.
Old 10-31-2009, 01:18 PM

We might as well not design any models at this rate, pack it all up and move on to some other hobby like drawing. No wait, then we can't draw anything because we have to get permission to draw things like the Mustang, Eiffel Tower and F16s.
Old 10-31-2009, 01:50 PM

Hmmmm well you guys bring up good points. I may just have em released anyway.

G1
Google Adsense