PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Figurines and Anime

Old 05-31-2010, 10:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.67 MB
VF-1A Jack Archer

Hello All,

While waiting on Janx to texture up the hangar for my USS Macon I have been fiddling with other models. Here we have yet another Valkyrie model (or Veritech in this case).

It's the VF-1A in Jack Archer's scheme. he's the main character in the Robotech Battlecry game. I did these schemes before Janx did the re-draw of the templates so it's the old template without all those beautiful decals he added :P Also he never did these schemes on the new templaes and most likely will never happen as i never got permission from the folks at Harmony Gold to do a release. I did have this one printed out and figured I'ld build it up as it's a nice scheme.

The model only lacks weapons, pilot and canopy at this point.

Hmmm I really need to do some builds of non fighter modes don't I :P

G1
Attached Thumbnails
VF-1A Jack Archer-05160001.jpg   VF-1A Jack Archer-05160002.jpg   VF-1A Jack Archer-05160003.jpg   VF-1A Jack Archer-05160004.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 05-31-2010, 10:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.66 GB
Hey G1;
Very Cool!! nice and neat build as you usually do...i used to love playing that game...
Jeff
Old 05-31-2010, 10:57 PM

HM,

Yeah it's a great game. One of the best portraying the Valk. ever. Nice and long to. I did Izzy's and Wolf Squad schemes as well (jsut are-coloring of the Archer scheme). I also did the Stealth scheme. I still need to make the YF-1R head from the game. Only reason I haven't done it yet is I never heard from Harmony Gold so didn't put the effort in till I heard. I may finish it but can't release it. That's the main reason I wouldn't put the effort in. If I can't share the work I don't really see the point.

I see the members here of this forum as friends, and if I put the effort into creating a model or parts for a model I want to share them so others can build. If I can't share em then there's no point.

G1
Old 05-31-2010, 11:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.44 MB
Excellent job Getter :D I never get tired of these little buggers.

I grew up as a kid (still in highschool) playing Robotech on the game boy advance. It was an amazing game and I loved every single moment of getting blasted. Never heard of Robotech Battlecry, but I'm sure it's as good as the one on the gba.

Ya know what, I think I haven't attempted one of these models yet, I'll try my hand at one! These definitely look like fun. I'm tempted to add those extra armor packs to make it look beefy!
Old 06-01-2010, 12:58 AM

TO,

Try one :D you'll love it :D The Super parts really add to em.

The GBA game was pretty cool but Battlecry blows it away. It was avaliable for PS2, Game Cube, and X-box. You can find a copy of it really cheap.

There was a 2nd Robotech game (Robotech Invasion) for PS2 and X-Box also. It featured the Cyclone (my all time favorite mecha). It wasn't as good a game but still fun and worth checking out.

G1
Google Adsense
Old 06-01-2010, 02:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 51.85 MB
Send a message via AIM to ThunderChild Send a message via Skype™ to ThunderChild
Great build as always G1! Nice scheme!
Old 06-01-2010, 03:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.77 MB
Wow, nice

I played both Battlecry and Invasion, and I agree that Invasion wasn't that great and the only reason i got it was cos it had the cyclone in it... my fav mech too. :D

The first one as better play as it followed somewhat too the Robotech series, which brought back great memories of my childhood.

Oh i forgot to ask, anyone know of a good detailed Robotech Cyclone papercraft? I found one sometime ago but it was very blocky.

Last edited by Pikachun; 06-01-2010 at 04:02 AM. Reason: I forgot something.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.44 MB
Well, to confess I did attempt making a battroid but got stuck on the chest :( I'll try it again and hopefully I'll be able to get past that bit.

Wow! Just checked out Battlecry and Invasion on youtube and I was blown away :D I'll see if I can buy Battlecry on amazon.