PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > First Cuts; A Lounge

Old 12-10-2012, 06:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
TBM-3 Avenger question

I just purchased this model from GPM and naturally all of the instructions are in Polish (?) Does anyone have an English translation for this model? Thanks in advance for the information or tips
Google Adsense
Old 12-10-2012, 07:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
actually, you bought it from me Bob, but you still might be able
to get some translated instructs from GPM or one of the Polish forums.

There have been some posts here recently about translated instructions.

anyone?
Old 12-10-2012, 08:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 195.36 MB
I saw a comment recently regarding a host of polish model instructions being translated on one of the german forums... kartonbau.de perhaps? just did a quick search but I can't find it.

There's always this: Card Modeling FAQ Appendix: Polish-English Glossary which I found in this thread, which also might be useful: Translations needed

Currently Building: Angraf M1070/M1000
Old 12-10-2012, 11:23 PM

Location: Ripon, WI, 20 mi from Oshkosh - center of the Aviation Universe
Total Downloaded: 1.51 GB
If you follow the part numbers and build in order (part 1, 2, 3, etc.), you'll be in pretty good shape. You can always ask for help here, if you're not sure what to do next. And if you aren't sure how something goes together, photocopy and test build it. The drawings in the GPM kits are usually pretty good as they are published for an audience that doesn't necessarily speak Polish.

The Glossary at the Cardmodel FAQ is useful. Babelfish can sometimes help.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:50 PM

Thanks a bunch guys. I have enough clues to be able to muddle my way through I think. Yep Dave. You are right. I had ordered several kits and got my sources mixed up. Like I told my wife the day we got married. "Honey, they ain't but two things you need to know about me. Number one I don't do yardwork and number two I ain't smart. I don't care what happens. I'm covered
Google Adsense
Old 12-11-2012, 08:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
I would do the yardwork...it gets you out of the House
and you don't have to answer any more questions!

Good luck with the build Bob!
Old 12-11-2012, 09:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 54.96 MB
I have on occassions followed Sakrisson's advice and manually typed sections of instructions I thought I needed in particular (guided by the part numbers) into Google translate. The result is always interesting, but often helpful, too. - L.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:43 PM

Wow guys. I gotta say that was amazing results. I followed the instructions and ended up with a working translation from Polish to English. This is one program I will definately be using for a long time to come. If anyone would like those instructions here they are.

General Remarks Before gluing must be read with the general plan and assembly drawings of the model. Each assembly drawing is a set of complete numbers of parts required for its implementation. Parts marked with an asterisk glued on cardboard with a thickness of approximately 0.5 mm. Parts marked with the letter P stick to the marked L. Apply the principle of registration of the "dry", twice to try again clog. When gluing the fuselage frame, pay special attention to the symmetry of its implementation. The thickness and length of wires - chosen to perform according to specified shapes templates. Places not printed, cut edges, scratches, water, etc. to paint watercolor paints example, plakatówkąw appropriate color. Model can be built in one of two versions. The first version of the standard and the other with moving ailerons, flaps and controls and Martha ° torpedo-bomber chamber. Building a model in the second version should be cut ailerons, rudder, elevators and flaps after gluing underwing-coverts and the bomb bay hatch with the first version of the implementation details. Components and wires marked "cap" part of the construction of the model in the other versions.
Figure 1 clog the middle mounting frame construction of the hull of Al to A15. The first version does not include the implementation of the A13 and A14. Frames Al 6 and Al 7 oklejaniu structures used for plating. Glue the tail of the fuselage skeleton structure of the Al 8 to A26. Clog the engine cowling design of parts from A29 to A33 with the A34 and A35 templates. Note - ready-sized cone of parts from A31 to A33 with the A34 and A35 templates stick to the ribs of the A29 and A30 after the engine is installed. Carefully cut out of the center rib A17, and cut back to four in the three dotted paste things in order to avoid deformation of the assembly. 2 glue assembly drawing of the hook to A27c from the A27 and wire tray IX and X. A28 of the powerful hook to the A23 przykleć frame construction of the hull. Figure 3 The mounting frames framing the central hull plywood glued la, 1 b, 2a and 2b. Stick to plywood sheathing 1, 2, 3 and 4 In developed from the shell 3 and 4 segment, paste frames A16. Cover 5 form and taped segment from the center of Si and paste glazing plywood 5a. Ready to glue the plywood segment 1 b on the fuselage. A17 paste frames. When you paste to remove the center ribs and paste part of the interior segments 5b, which divide into smaller for easier scrapbooks. Paste the center ribs removed spot A17. Cover 6 form and taped segment from the center of stick glazing S2 and S2a and plywood 6a. Ready glued to plywood 5a. The interior paste part 6b and remove the center ribs A17. Glued together by the figure 8 seat mounting D34 A7 stick to the ribs and k-jam band D31 ammunition box to the A17 frames. By combining together, bend the tail structure szieletowej A18 glued to plywood hull segment 6a. Taped design of this backbone plating 7 and 8 Clog the engine cover of the parts 9 and 12 together. Cover stick to the ribs and the edge of the A29 and A33 A32 engine frame construction. After gluing remove templates A34 and A35 and cut oversize shell casing. The edges of the cover retouched properly selected color. The finished cover glued to the hull. The holes in the hull exhausts paste made from parts 4a. The shell plating cut out the holes for the windscreen cover and over and over tail B12 Street. The cover of the B-12 form from the inside of the right paint, colors and stick glazing S3. Ready glued to the hull making barrel-k you. D31a the prepared opening. For the second version of the cut extra holes in the shell plating in the bomb bay hatch Ni, aperture 4a and 4 and the cut surface of the door with cut surfaces 5 and 6 and the 5c. Figure 4 mounting holes Sized bomb made of the Ni, No, No Nlb and paste into the hole on the hull. Torpedo glued part of the N2 and N9 with suspensions of parts from N10 to N15 is glued to the inside of the hatch. Figure 5 mounting two solar systems clog engine parts from Cl to C5 through C9 parts glued together. Stick to the front of the details from C6 to C12 and C13 to the rear. Figure 6 Mounting paste shack cockpit parts from Dl to D2. Then stick stuck finishing teams from the cab of D3 021, S15 and S16, and wire XVI.
Figure 7 basis turrets mounting glue of the D22, D22a and D22b. Stick to the basics and details glued teams finishing equipment with parts from 023 to D32, S14 and wire XVII. Note - the lower end of the tape gluing D32 does not collapse into a spiral and place in a box D26 before sticking it to the base D26a, top to k-you. 030 after attaching it to a wire XVII of the D30a. Figure 8 bottom bracket glued to the firing position of the D31 to D33. The lower end of the tape roll 032 in a spiral and placed in the box during the D33 kit, top stick to the k-you. 031st Glued to the seat 034 and D34a. Figures 9 and 10 assembly glue supporting structure of the vertical stabilizer from Gl to G10 and the horizontal part of the ballast from H1 to H7. To make a second, the construction of the vertical fin of the glue of G1 and G3 to G8 and G14 from the Cli. Rudder construction glue from the Ola, G4, G10, G15 and G16, and wire VIII. Ballasts with the H1, H3, H4, H9, and H10. Elevators H1 part ai of the H7 and H5 from H11 to H13 and the wires VI and VII. Figures 11 and 12 mounting subframe plating taped vertical stabilizer from El to E4 and E5 plywood from E8, design ballasts taped plating Fi using plywood E2 and E3. Ballasts stick horizontal to the vertical fin. Team ready to stick to the caudal tail of the fuselage. For the second version of the supporting structure of the vertical fin taped plating from El to E4 and E7 and E8 plywood. Rudder construction and plywood sheathing Ela E9, kkonstrukcję ballasts Fi plating, plating Ela elevators and sklejkami F3 and F4. The horizontal elevators connect all the wires and parts VII F5. Glue the horizontal stabilizers to the vertical fin. Ballasts team stuck to the tail of the fuselage. Connect the wires together VI and VIII of the ballast controls the amount and direction. Figures 13 and 14 assembly glue flap support structure of the K1 to K12. To make a second supporting structure centerwing glued to the K8 and K13 to K21 from and wires II and IV and plywood K36 and K 38th The construction of the heel of K3, K6, K7 and K22 to K35 from, wires and plywood li III K37. After gluing construction cut rib fragment K30. In order to obtain uniform surfaces should be sanded patches of sandpaper glued to wood. The construction of the glue darts from K39 to K44 and K30 hinge wire V. stick to the ribs K19 centerwing one half. In order to strengthen, it can be glued cienkajolią. Figures 15 and 16 Assembly Building cladding sheets taped M1 to M4 and M5 and M6 plywood. Glued to the chassis with the holes and M7A M7 and M8 to M13 shell holes paste lobes. Glue and spare parts from M24 to M32. Ready patches glued to the hull of the model. To make a second - design centerwing taped plating M1. Paste gaps M7 and M7A chassis. Cut the M1 shell fragment that complemented parts of the M20 and M22 a flap underwing-coverts. Stick ready to spar K16 centerwing into the cutout. Construction sheathing taped heel M2, M3, M4 and M6 plywood. Cut the shell fragment M2, M21 and parts make up the M23. Ready to stick K25 wing spar into the cutout. M19 plating taped aileron design. X aileron wires connect to flap. M2 shell fragment cut out in the shape of a triangle, the film stick to the M16 and M18 part. Ready triangle cut foil glued to the shell. When you paste a triangle, stick some M17. Connect the two lobes of M32 by drawing hinge assembly 14, ready to stick to the hull. Figures 18 and 19 mounting the main chassis of the glue from T1 to T19 and wire Xl. Circle Tail clog part of Ul to Uli and wires XII and XIII. Installation of the flaps and landing gear wheels tail to the fuselage assembly drawings done by. 20 Assembly drawing taped to the windshield of Bl to B6. Before pasting glazing from S4 to S9 on the inside of retouched. Ready windshield glued to the hull. Turret arms taped part of B7 to B11. Before pasting glazing from S10 to S13 touch-up on the inside. Ready glued to the base of the dome towers 022nd Assembly Drawings 21 and 22 clog cap with propeller blades of the parts from Z1 to Z7. Antennas of the glue 21 to the wires 22 and XIV and XV. Ready to be installed according to the general plan of the model.
Have fun!
Old 12-12-2012, 05:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 54.96 MB
Glad it worked out for you, and that you got something intelligible in return for your effort! - L.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:07 PM

on the intelligible. They mostly are, but I am slowly working my way thru them and attempting to put breaks in likely places. I haven't started working on specific un-translated words, but I think that once I get into the model they will become clear.
I do have one final question. I am thinking of printing this on a different paper than used in the book and making the model a bit smaller. Is this ok or a no no??
Google Adsense

Tags
avenger, english, instruction, polish, tbm-3, translation