PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > First Cuts; A Lounge

Old 04-09-2013, 10:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
While I am on a role..How do you know when to laminate? Should all larger parts be laminated? The thing so far about the FAQ seems to be "this is how to do it" but I ask "how do you know when to do it?"

Texman - on that Mig 21 Fuselage. The only way I can seem to make the tabs come together is if I first glue the middle straight part, then the nose and tail. I still can't get the tail to go in to meet the edge.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:52 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
RR = Red River Metallic. Unfortunately, you cannot get this particular paper any more. The company was looking for a good replacement for it, but so far, no luck.
Yes, it is sprayed with krylon matte before cutting out. Spraying a clear coat does help protect and seal the ink. If your glue didn't stick after spraying, it could be one of several things. 1) You applied to heavy of a coat of clear, soaking the paper. 2) You sprayed both sides of the paper. Only the printed side needs coated 3) Or it is an issue with the glue. What type of glue are you using?

As far as lamination - the simpler FG style kits don't require lamination. That is usually for the more advanced style kits.

I assume this is the area your having trouble with?

First time ever questions-spine.jpg

You may have to make the slots in the fuselage a little longer in each direction than they are indicated. Attach the tail first, then put the spine on and adjust it back and forth to get it to fit to the tail.

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!

Tags
biginner, newbie, questions