PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > First Cuts; A Lounge

Old 02-27-2016, 01:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaBlue View Post
I haven't made a lot of models yet, but I have had good results with this. It is a six inch pocket rule. I rounded and polished the edge on the round end, making it smooth. Rounding the corners slightly on the other end is useful too. Cheap, easy and is still good for using as a rule. It fits my hand nicely too.
I have a ruler like that but also one that is similar, but its about twice the thickness and has the same rounded end. I use either, as well as a dead ball point pen as the situation requires.
Old 02-27-2016, 01:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 425.39 MB
Well I have not so many problems with laser prints. Just be sure when printing you put the paper settings to "thick paper media" then the toner will be burnt in a bit longer. I have almost no cracking at scored lines. Does not matter whether I score the front or the backside of the paper.

Currently building: Colonial Viper from Uhu02
Finished:
Yoav Hozmis Kfir
Old 02-27-2016, 03:38 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
Total Downloaded: 842.88 MB
That tip from Willygoat is what I use about using a worn out blade from one of my hobby knives. The Dremel works great on this. You don't want a sharp edge and you don't want to bear down to hard either. Some times it going to happen no matter how careful you are. Willygoat turned me on to Prismacolor watercolor penciled works very well dry or with water. I've been listening to Willygoat ever since I found out about card stock modeling. He hasn't gone wrong on me yet. wc
Old 02-27-2016, 03:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 164.37 MB
Surely the first problem here was that you scored on the back, then made a hill fold. That way you pull apart, break or tear the ink on the right side!! Of course you get a rough break as shown on your picture! So score the coloured side, and if necessary touch up the cut with felt pen or water colour paint.

Tags
scoring, ink, side, folding, passing, black, pen, repairing, normal, thinking, idea, decided, brush, paint, good, pencil, adviced, blank, paper, times, read, damaged, preserved, printed, part