PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > First Cuts; A Lounge

Old 12-23-2016, 01:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.24 GB
Help With PDO to PDF

Dear Friends:
My daughter is going to have her 16th birthday on Jan 9th and it is going to be at a comic book cafe and themed super heroes. She Likes Capt. America I was thinking that I saw a 1/5 model of the Shield. I found it but it is in PDO, I am sorry but I have not ever had any Luck with a PDO Model period I have tried for 10 years no luck I would like to make the shield for her so can some one who is a wiz with PDO files please turn it into a PDF file that I am able to print and make. I can send the PDO file to you it is one from ScannerJOE in Devient Art. If you can help send me a PM with your Email. Attached is a picture of my daughter.
Thanks,
Miles
Attached Thumbnails
Help With PDO to PDF-erin-2016-notl.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 12-23-2016, 01:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 70.41 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Linnabery View Post
Dear Friends:
My daughter is going to have her 16th birthday on Jan 9th and it is going to be at a comic book cafe and themed super heroes. She Likes Capt. America I was thinking that I saw a 1/5 model of the Shield. I found it but it is in PDO, I am sorry but I have not ever had any Luck with a PDO Model period I have tried for 10 years no luck I would like to make the shield for her so can some one who is a wiz with PDO files please turn it into a PDF file that I am able to print and make. I can send the PDO file to you it is one from ScannerJOE in Devient Art. If you can help send me a PM with your Email. Attached is a picture of my daughter.
Thanks,
Miles

Just got it ..i can convert it to .pdf for you ..

1:1 scale A4 or 1:1 scale letter?
Old 12-23-2016, 02:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 4.26 GB
Since I have found several models in PDO the question is how to find a convenient system to convert them myself and not overloading someone else?

Bob Neill
Old 12-23-2016, 03:03 PM

Dear Bob:
There are severial Threads here on the forum that talk about how to use PDO I wish you better luck than I have had with using them.
Dear LaughsPlace:
Yale is doing the 1/5 scale one, I don't know if I can afford the card stock and Ink at I think 27 pages for the full scale However it would look good on her wall of her room. If you don't mind doing the conversion of the One to One scale one I can hope to sell some folk art later and be able to print it out I will PM you with my Email.
Thanks
Miles
Thanks for the forum to have the way to share and grow the hobby
Old 12-23-2016, 03:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 70.41 MB
You Got Mail !!
Google Adsense
Old 12-23-2016, 07:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Bob & Miles ... I use a free program called 'cutepdf' to change .pdo into pdf. The downside being that you have to open the file in Pepakura viewer first. When it's open you select the print icon in the tool bar ... on the Print box you should then be able to select a printer from a drop down list. CutePDF Writer should be an option. select it and click print. You should get a window to chose the location ... I always use desktop. Then nothing much seems to happen for a minute or two, but if you have a monitor on CPU, RAM, etc activity, you'll see they are very busy. after a minute or two the PDF file will appear on your desktop. Job done.

Depending on your printer, many nowadays have a 'save to pdf' option available within the printer driver. Mine does, but I still find the old 'CutePDF Writer' simpler to use. I've had it installed since my PC was running Win 95, but I'm sure it's still out there somewhere. Just Google it.

There ya go ... CutePDF - Convert to PDF for free, Free PDF Utilities, Save PDF Forms, Edit PDF easily.
Old 12-23-2016, 11:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.05 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
Bob & Miles ... I use a free program called 'cutepdf' to change .pdo into pdf. The downside being that you have to open the file in Pepakura viewer first. When it's open you select the print icon in the tool bar ... on the Print box you should then be able to select a printer from a drop down list. CutePDF Writer should be an option. select it and click print. You should get a window to chose the location ... I always use desktop. Then nothing much seems to happen for a minute or two, but if you have a monitor on CPU, RAM, etc activity, you'll see they are very busy. after a minute or two the PDF file will appear on your desktop. Job done.

Depending on your printer, many nowadays have a 'save to pdf' option available within the printer driver. Mine does, but I still find the old 'CutePDF Writer' simpler to use. I've had it installed since my PC was running Win 95, but I'm sure it's still out there somewhere. Just Google it.

There ya go ... CutePDF - Convert to PDF for free, Free PDF Utilities, Save PDF Forms, Edit PDF easily.
I use Foxit Reader which works the same way, but you have to make it the default printer until your done printting from PDO's.
https://www.foxitsoftware.com/products/pdf-reader/
Old 12-24-2016, 06:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
CutPDF Writer installs as a virtual printer so any application that allows printing from multiple printers should have it listed in the printer drop down menu.

As John mentioned sometimes it seems as if nothing is happening, but after a minute or so there you go it is asking where you want to save your pdf.

Anyone else notice that the parts of the shield on the 1:1 pdo seem to be just superimposed over a bunch of page demarcations so when you generate a pdf you get partial glue tabs and parts that are cut off with no joining tabs. It is like you took the parts and randomly cut in many different places.
Old 12-24-2016, 07:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob neill View Post
Since I have found several models in PDO the question is how to find a convenient system to convert them myself and not overloading someone else?
You could always try PDO tools.
Old 12-24-2016, 08:37 AM

Dear Helpful people:
Once I get the 1/5 shield made and her Birthday over and shudder at 16 in New York State it is Lerner's Permit time for Drivers license. I shall try to see if with these helpful hints that I can master something new for the new year.
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you,
Miles
Google Adsense