PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > First Cuts; A Lounge

Old 01-23-2017, 12:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.71 MB
Halinski glossy/coated models

I've spotted some Halinski models which are coated/glossy. After reading some comments here in the forum, I understand that glossy paper is harder to work with. Is this the case also with these Halinski models or only an issue if self printing a digital model?

So I think the real question I have is that does the glossy models require so much more additional skills & practice that a beginner like me is just wasting money and should just go with traditional matte model and possibly just use a glossy varnish instead?
Google Adsense
Old 01-25-2017, 11:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
I'll say the first bigger project I got into I printed out on glossy photo paper. Still have the pages since after trying to work on it a bit, reprinted on matte cardstock and merrily went on my way. Probably should go back to the 1st pages and give them a try now; but happy with using the gloss final finish. Don't know if that helps.
Old 01-25-2017, 12:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.71 MB
Well I might be foolish, but I finally decided to order the Halinski Republic P-47M-RE Thunderbolt which I presume has at least some of the parts in glossy. Limited edition of about 50 copies. It will probably take years for me to finally start on it, but I figured that maybe then I have the required skills
Old 01-25-2017, 05:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 302.42 MB
How easy the paper is to work with may depend on thickness. I use HP Glossy Photo Paper, which is relatively thin, for all my models (except those on silver paper) and it works great.

But I also have some significantly thicker glossy photo paper I bought from Costco, and the only thing I can use it for is a flat surface or structural elements like formers.

Just my .02 zlotys....

Les (The Voice of Authority -- website coming this century)
Old 01-25-2017, 07:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
i am building the orlik b767 and some of the outer sheets are on gloss card.finding it difficult to hande
Google Adsense