PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > First Cuts; A Lounge

Old 02-26-2017, 03:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 263.00 MB
It doesn't take up much space and can be stored easily (tools and such) however cleaning up the work area seems to be my biggest problem.

Beard
Old 02-26-2017, 05:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 52.18 MB
MeatballMarinara,
Welcome to the forum. I agree with KCStephens and BurningBeard. Very little space is required to thoroughly enjoy this hobby. I work on the breakfast table when its not in use and store all my tools and doodads in a wicker basket I stole from my wife. As BurningBeard says its important to clean up after yourself to ensure a clean and compete build and to avoid your wife's wrath.

Check out this website INSTANT DURABLE / Editions L'Instant Durable for some truly amazing architectural models.

Phil
Old 02-26-2017, 09:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
I do almost all my work on a TV tray under a good light.

A nice thing about the cathedrals is that, if space is an issue, you can hang them on the wall like a painting
Old 03-05-2017, 10:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 595.2 KB
Hello, all.
I as a card modelling newbie would be much interested in finding models appropriate to make for a series of Malta, Crete, Greece, WWII dioramas.
Would someone know of a sources of kits, plans, etc. of architectural models suitable (modifiable - adaptable) of these regions? Or, good reference books to develop patterns from? Even HO scale railroad models would give me something to scale up from (1/50 or 1/33 my final scale). Maybe I will have to stay at 1/100 for the ship models...
Thank you.
semper fi
Old 03-06-2017, 01:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 210.47 MB
My Modeling "Bench" is a craft table that my wife purchased for me. It is 36 in wide by 30 inches deep. It has casters so I can easily move it around my den. I have built two 1 1/2 inch deep drawers that fit under the table top for holding my Knife's and such the second drawer holds the model and card stock. The working space on the table is a 12 x 18 cutting matt (get a good one OlFA are tops and use a Michaels coupon). of that space I use about 6 in 12 inch for all my cutting. Most of the back of the work table has different types of Glue on it. The more I write The more I realize I need to clean up my bench!

More important than the working space is lots of light. I have two of these on the work table.

TERTIAL Work lamp with LED bulb - IKEA

Use a compact florescent equal to a 100 watt lamp and it should be a bright Daylight type (K=5500 or higher), LEDs are better but a lot more costly.

Here are some craft tables

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sauder-Se...ishes/15690337

Home Hobby Table Cover - JoAnn | Jo-Ann

Jim Nunn
Old 03-06-2017, 02:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
I found myself working on such big space its some times unbelievable - 2 x 2 square inches xD the rest is all the bits and bobs I dont care about taking off the bench ;P

Architecture can take some space though, as bases are usually large ... But saying that, building one model will take some time too, so the collection will not increase in size quickly...
Old 03-06-2017, 09:54 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
for one model? about a card table with a shoe box of glues and tape and rulers, exacto knife inside under it. a light and a chair. if you continue in the hobby? divorce, rent out your house and live in the garage. sell your blood for $$ and work at staples or a stationary store. you will need a large 13''x19'' printer with a fullflow ink system so you never run dry on ink, and at least 6 cans of spray lacquer, a paint boot and fan, lighting box and light panel and brightness control panel with opaque to translucent panels you can switch according to bounce lighting needs. 3-4 cameras of various quality, 3 lapt top and tower computers. a posture ball, office chair and lounger. infinite shelf space. 4 file cabinets at least, 10 32 gig flash drives, a refrigerator, air dehumidifier, fan, heater, oxygen tanks and scuba regulator for when gluing. assorted surgical clamps and scalpels, an outside furnace to burn your unwanted completed models. a doctors excuse for the police. 52 reams of copy paper and pencils, a place to fly drones, rockets, and glider models, the fastest internet. ms paint all the way to Disney 3-d ware. long distance connections to Poland. Japanese software, internet browser, currency and printers. tranquilizers and coffee. and cats. and a vet for the cats.