PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > First Cuts; A Lounge

Old 03-04-2017, 11:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 595.2 KB
Halinski English Instructions

Hello.
My first post here, forgive me if I inadvertently make faux pas dummy mistakes. ;-)
I will cut and paste excepts from an e-mail reply from Andrzej Halinski at my enquiry to obtain English building instructions.

A: I did verify the models I need instructions for are not asterisk marked (no English
instructions available) on his site Before e-mailing my request.

B: Perhaps foolishly; I did honestly state my purchase of the models was through Jadar- Hobby Shop (jadar-hobbyshop.pl)
---------//snip//-------------
To: [email protected]
Subject: English Instructions

Hello.
I have purchased and received some Kartonowy Arsenal aircraft model kits
(Jadar Hobby Shop). I was instructed to e-mail directly for the English
instructions.
A: Sea Gladiator Mk II kit #55
B: Macchi c.202 kit #32
C: Macchi c.205 Veltro kit #48
As these are my first Halinski models I think it best practice to have
the correct instructions before attempting to build them.
Thank you,
matthew victor
------------//snip//-----------------
Halinski Reply:

------------//snip//----------------
Dear Sir,
the building instruction are only for models bought from us.
Best regards
Andrzej Halinski
---------//snip//--------------

I did also contact Jadar-Hobby Shop with the request. Jadar replied by e-mailing me Halinski e-mail address and saying they would supply the English instructions.
So I suppose from now on we modellers wanting Halinski models who want English build instructions had best only purchase directly with Halinski.
My thought posting here is that others might wish to avoid the problems first hand if they are made aware.
Thank you, and back to sticking bits to other bits or fingers to each other!
semper fi
Google Adsense
Old 03-05-2017, 03:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 26.66 MB
Maybe we need a petition. Others put English pdfs on their sites, why so mean Mr H.?

That attitude & the disproportionately high S&H quotes I've had from them pretty much guarantee I won't buy from them.
I'll use another seller & find a build thread if I try any more Halinski builds.
Old 03-05-2017, 04:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
i have the same issue with 3d papel. i bought their spanish aircraft carrier from the.according to front cover you can email them for english instructions,have tried several times with no response
Old 03-05-2017, 04:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 127.22 MB
I have exactly the same experience with this man. Beautiful kits, but lousy service. Simply blunt.
It seems he is afraid that he would be helping people who illegally downloaded one of his kits. Even telling where you bought the kit cannot persuade him to help.
Is there no possibility to put his English manuals on this site somewhere?
Old 03-05-2017, 02:10 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
The very fact that Mr Halinski will only provide English instructions for kits bought directly from him, makes it unlikely the instructions will be posted here.

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Google Adsense
Old 03-05-2017, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texman View Post
The very fact that Mr Halinski will only provide English instructions for kits bought directly from him, makes it unlikely the instructions will be posted here.
so its seems he has us by the short and curlies.mayby find someone who has managed to get english instructions and talk to them direct
Old 03-05-2017, 05:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 16.12 MB
We (the denizens of the forum) have helped out before with rendering Halinski instructions into English for older models. Technically it's easy to turn a scan into text then translate it. I haven't done this for a while but I believe Google translate has had a major upgrade in the last few months. I've noticed that French and German to English is much better than it used to be.

I think you would find that the written instructions don't add a great deal to the construction images.

I think the best way to handle difficult and non-cooperative people is to adopt the biological principle of isolate and find ways around. Trees can live for centuries doing just this.

Regards,

Charlie
Old 03-05-2017, 05:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 73.24 MB
Good to see you posting, newmodeller. Don't worry about faux pas dummy mistakes, there is no cost, and (most) all are forgiven!

I agree with CharlieC. The assembly diagrams and illustrations are very good, in my view, and you can figure out most problems with a little study and fitting. There is always some on the forum that can help is specific cases.

Personally, I think that Halinski kits are amazingly good. I can't imagine the work it must take to get 300-400 parts to come together to make a accurate, detailed model. I wonder how he does it. So, perhaps he has the right to protect that investment by limiting the distribution of instructions. His right. I don't complain, because when I visit Europe, I am embarrassed that they can speak English, but I can't speak their language. Maybe we should (tongue in cheek) learn to speak Polish! On the other hand, we do PAY for the kit, and for us it is incomplete.

Just as an aside, if someone copies the English instructions for someone else, is that like copying a model for someone? Whatever.

I am looking forward to seeing your first model posted here NewModeller! I'll bet it will have few warts, if any. Jim
Old 03-05-2017, 06:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 16.12 MB
I think fair use applies here - if you have purchased a model then you have the right to do with it as you will within the limits of not representing it as your own work or incorporating it into your own commercial work. Scanning the text and generating a machine translation for your own use in no way violates copyright.
Even the copyright-crazies (aka lawyers) in the US haven't tried to assert this - much as though they'd like to.

I think Halinski may suffer from the same condition that has become distressingly common - cranio-rectal insertion.

Charlie
Old 03-05-2017, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieC View Post
I think fair use applies here - if you have purchased a model then you have the right to do with it as you will within the limits of not representing it as your own work or incorporating it into your own commercial work. Scanning the text and generating a machine translation for your own use in no way violates copyright.
Even the copyright-crazies (aka lawyers) in the US haven't tried to assert this - much as though they'd like to.

I think Halinski may suffer from the same condition that has become distressingly common - cranio-rectal insertion.

Charlie
im guessing that as we have a section in downloads puely for english instructions then no one will scream too loudly if these are shared among ourselfs if there is a problem
Google Adsense