PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > First Cuts; A Lounge

Old 10-03-2017, 04:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 10.08 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcold View Post
Polish doesn't actually use Cyrillic (Russian does); their special characters are called accented characters, or something like that.
My error, sorry! Thanks for the correction. Might make editing the text easier, I would think (?).

Clare

Blog: shipmodeler.wordpress.com
Old 10-03-2017, 08:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 542.99 MB
Thanks to all who gave info to translate, I am working through it.
Owen
Old 10-04-2017, 07:51 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 136.87 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by TramFan View Post
I know this subject has been discussed before but perhaps a member can help. I am trying to translate from Polish to English using Google Translate but it will not translate any document that has images or sketch's in the content of the document. I have tried to use PD Fill to convert the image to a PDF but it still will not translate, HELP.
Regards
Owen
Why don't you try:

https://www.deepl.com/

I find it excellent, perhaps it can help you
Old 10-04-2017, 08:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 164.37 MB
Knowing how haphazard computer translations can be, perhaps the list of Polish terms and their translations (attached) may help. In combination with the extensive sketches of most Polish publishers, I have found this enough myself.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Polish-vocabulary.txt (29.0 KB, 18 views)
Old 10-04-2017, 07:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
Exclamation My suggestion

Don't waste time reading any word instructions in any language. The instructions and usually useless and generic. I just look at the sketches and pictures and carefully plan my build.

It works all the time.

Isaac
Google Adsense
Old 10-04-2017, 08:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
Don't waste time reading any word instructions in any language. The instructions and usually useless and generic. I just look at the sketches and pictures and carefully plan my build.

It works all the time.

Isaac
Agreed!! I have always protested when a designer or printer is lazy and won't provide clear step by step instructions. But this does not mean that long written instructions is the solution. Nobody reads them. I have always mentioned the German printer Schreiber. They usually do not write long written instructions. They just provide very clear sketches and the basic of good instructions: Sequential numeric assembly. Glue 1 to 2, then to 3 etc. And they use a very clever different colours for numbering. Black numbers are part numbers, red numbers show where the part with that number is to be attached to. This simply system makes possible even the most complex model to be built by a 5 year old!!! I will insist as much as possible the fact that designers and printers SHOULD PROVIDE numeric sequence instructions with clear isometric drawings. That's all needed to obtain beautiful card models.
Best wishes,

RICK.
Old 10-04-2017, 09:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 542.99 MB
Hi All, thanks again for all the information, I agree with Issac and Rick re using a sketch to build from but there are times when there is basically no sketches just text and other times such as BastellBogen on line where the the sketch does not give a great deal of detail and you can put parts upside down or not find there true location at all. I am sure at the end of the day I will find a way that is user friendly and works. Thanks all.
Old 10-05-2017, 12:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickPink65 View Post
Agreed!! I have always protested when a designer or printer is lazy and won't provide clear step by step instructions. But this does not mean that long written instructions is the solution. Nobody reads them. I have always mentioned the German printer Schreiber. They usually do not write long written instructions. They just provide very clear sketches and the basic of good instructions: Sequential numeric assembly. Glue 1 to 2, then to 3 etc. And they use a very clever different colours for numbering. Black numbers are part numbers, red numbers show where the part with that number is to be attached to. This simply system makes possible even the most complex model to be built by a 5 year old!!! I will insist as much as possible the fact that designers and printers SHOULD PROVIDE numeric sequence instructions with clear isometric drawings. That's all needed to obtain beautiful card models.
Best wishes,

RICK.
Rick, If you have protested - how did you do that? have you emailed manufacturers to say their drawings/diagrams are c#ap and they need to do better? maybe you just cant work them out... and again - not every model can be put by 5 year old, if it was possible, you would not be complaining here. it seems you are the lazy one every build should also start with a plan on how you going to build it by going through diagrams, looking at them ahead and examining the sheets with parts... but that comes with time and number of kits you have assembled.
also planing a build would start with at least checking what materials are listed as extras, what card thickness, cables, wires etc - and these - you can get translated. in the era of internet and multipurpose and easy to use translators - single words can be translated easily or people asked on forums to translate it for you if you are lazy to do so yourself. Also mentioned to you before - manufacturers do not do assembly drawings. they buy models from a designer with all instructions and text. they just publish this stuff.

Dont think every time you buy a kit you are going to be held by hand and led to the finish line...

If you still complain - MAN get to email, write every single manufacturer what you want, they will listen to you surely :D

and what you really need to obtain beautiful card model is skill, patience and skill again with a touch of understanding "technical drawing". whining and complaining aint gonna get you anywhere.

cheers!

PS. TramFan if you have difficulties with translating Polish text - pm me. I will be able to help you.
Old 10-05-2017, 08:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
GPM has offered to provide English Translated Instructions on request.

I am guessing other publishers might help us out in the same way (if we ask).

If enough people ask for something, that might help too.

Having said that, I will admit that I asked GPM for two translations (for two of their kits)
and did not receive them.
Old 10-05-2017, 08:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hetzer View Post
Rick, If you have protested - how did you do that? have you emailed manufacturers to say their drawings/diagrams are c#ap and they need to do better? maybe you just cant work them out... and again - not every model can be put by 5 year old, if it was possible, you would not be complaining here. it seems you are the lazy one every build should also start with a plan on how you going to build it by going through diagrams, looking at them ahead and examining the sheets with parts... but that comes with time and number of kits you have assembled.
also planing a build would start with at least checking what materials are listed as extras, what card thickness, cables, wires etc - and these - you can get translated. in the era of internet and multipurpose and easy to use translators - single words can be translated easily or people asked on forums to translate it for you if you are lazy to do so yourself. Also mentioned to you before - manufacturers do not do assembly drawings. they buy models from a designer with all instructions and text. they just publish this stuff.

Don't think every time you buy a kit you are going to be held by hand and led to the finish line...

If you still complain - MAN get to email, write every single manufacturer what you want, they will listen to you surely :D

and what you really need to obtain beautiful card model is skill, patience and skill again with a touch of understanding "technical drawing". whining and complaining aint gonna get you anywhere.

cheers!

PS. TramFan if you have difficulties with translating Polish text - pm me. I will be able to help you.
Hello my friend. Just compare plastic model kits, the Revell and Monogram variety. There are extremely complex models which require additional building and modification (Just check the Monogram's B-29 Enola Gay). BUT they ALWAYS include nice textless instructions with excellent drawings. Why? simply because they are also experts in selling and marketing. ABSOLUTELY NOBODY has the power to guess if a model will be purchased by a 5 year old or an experienced modeler and the manufacturer wants to satisfy ALL customers, not just the enormous minority of so called experienced modelers because they want them to come back for more models.

And naturally, if I ask on a forum or other modelers I will sooner o later find a solution. But that's not the way to do it.

And risking that perhaps I will be thrown out of this forum, I insist that designers are just lazy and they do not want to write and draw step by step numeric sequence instructions. They perhaps don't make a living by designing card models so they don't care if the modeler completes the model successfully. Perhaps Schreiber has survived more than 150 years printing card models, because they aimed their product to any human being, not just a minority. Models with excellent drawings and building sequence.

Best wishes and good luck!!! Greetings from sunshine state.

Rick
Google Adsense