PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > First Cuts; A Lounge

Old 12-24-2017, 09:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 145.94 MB
If you're going to use spray adhesive to bond copy paper to cardstock, be sure to do a test on a scrap sample first. Most adhesives have no problem with cardstock, but some thinner formulas will soak through standard copy paper.
Old 12-26-2017, 08:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 13.55 MB
wow ...Thank You again for the advice, I read n re-read your post ....
one query - if ya don't mind me asking ? what is the name of your printer ? and ( im wondering if i can buy one of those 13 x 19 printers) also its color printer I guess ????

that means I'll also have to look out for a bigger scanner - that can take those Cut/Assemble book pages 9x12 ....

hmmm you got me on the hunt now

Last edited by rickstef; 12-26-2017 at 08:34 PM.
Old 12-26-2017, 08:27 PM

SCETOAUX wow ...Thank You again for the advice, I read n re-read your post ....
one query - if ya don't mind me asking ? what is the name of your printer ? and ( im wondering if i can buy one of those 13 x 19 printers) also its color printer I guess ????

that means I'll also have to look out for a bigger scanner - that can take those Cut/Assemble book pages 9x12 ....

hmmm you got me on the hunt now
Old 12-26-2017, 08:31 PM

VinceM - thanks for the tip - just this morning i was in Cantire buying krylon spray matte - and I WAS JUST THINKING ABOUT THE SAME THING - thanks for confirming my doubts - some of them have solvents and the solvent can show up on the white paper
thank you - another GOLDEN TIP
Old 12-26-2017, 08:38 PM

SCETOAUX..... i was surfing the net - look what i came across.
is it worth it ?????????????
https://www.wired.com/2015/08/epson-...-no-cartridge/
Google Adsense
Old 12-26-2017, 08:42 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
Yes, I feel your pain ... I bought a cheap canon MG2450 purely in order to access their Premium content models. Not a good printer, but not rubbish. It did enable me to download all the premium models, but it ran out of ink long before I printed them all. The downloads cannot be translated out of the Canon software environment, so they must be printed on a Canon printer, before they can be scanned into normal PDF format.

A set of Canon refills cost more than the printer. Alternatives are available at half the price, but still not cheap. So the 100ml bottles of Jet-Tec ink and Hypodermic needles that I use for refilling my Brother A3 printer were bought into play. Dunno if there IS summat special about Pixma inks, but cheapo Jet-Tec ink works every bit as well in the Canon and the Brother printers. You just have to figure out where to drill the refill holes in the cartridges. Don't forget to seal the hole up before using it though, or it can get very messy.

hello JOHN...i thought this might interest you ,,check this out
https://www.wired.com/2015/08/epson-...-no-cartridge/
Old 12-26-2017, 08:57 PM

SCETOAUX - .....check this model out ....

Epson WorkForce EcoTank Wireless All-In-One Inkjet Printer (ET-4550)

it says it can handle paper that's 8.5 X 47.2 inches long....

ET-7750 EcoTank Wide-format All-in-One Supertank Printer - this one can 11 X 17" paper and cardstock....would this one be ideal for PMing ???????????????????

Last edited by LaPapparadzi; 12-26-2017 at 09:29 PM. Reason: added another line
Old 12-27-2017, 06:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
I have an Epson WF-7610. I was able to purchase a new printer for $100 USD + tax which brought it up to around $110 USD. I use refillable ink cartridges.

One thing about Epson printers is you have to print something quite regularly or one or more of the colors will no longer print. Sometimes the color just decides to not print no matter how much you print. It is very difficult if not impossible to get the printer to start printing correctly again.

The only thing I know about those Epson EcoTank printers is what I read in the reviews online. That is the usual 45% claiming they are the best thing since sliced bread, 45% cursing the machines quite vehemently, 5% somewhere in between, and 5% reviewing Hello Kitty or some other inane comments.
Old 12-27-2017, 08:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 53.08 MB
I just got the 2750, This is a 3rd gen of the ET line
https://epson.com/For-Home/Printers/...r/p/C11CG22201

Its not bad, Took about 30 min to set up. The print quality could be better but is much better than the 2 gen. Both gens are running about 229 as of this post. All in all I am happy with this printer so far.
http://gyverx.com
Old 12-27-2017, 03:31 PM

SCETOAUX - i wanna buy this one ET-7750 EcoTank Wide-format All-in-One Supertank Printer - this one can print up-to 11 X 17" paper and cardstock.but when i spoke to girl at Epson - about scanning - she said you can only scan an 8.5 X 11" paper....

scetoaux....is it worth buying ? will it help in PMing ? its now on sale 699....reg 799
??
Google Adsense