PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > First Cuts; A Lounge

Old 05-03-2018, 02:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 8.94 MB
Need some big scale model ideas

Hello everyone. Im pretty sure this is the wrong thread to post but every post i make doesnt seem to fit in any other category, so i label my self rookie and post here :P

I want to make a big scale paper model, like Howl's moving castle or even bigger but not necessary difficult, it could be something very simple, like 2.5D or something detailed, which in that scale would be a little easier to build. I want something to hang from my ceiling. Until now i have in mind an X-Wing model but it isnt as big as i want it to be. I know i can rescale models with pepakura but that needs the model to have high resolution texture, and i cannot find such X-wing or anything else.

So it has to be large or able to upscale and be something that makes sense to be hanging from the ceiling, so things with feet probably dont do.
Any recommendations?
Google Adsense
Old 05-03-2018, 02:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Does it have to be from a movie/tv franchise?

Chris Roe has a number of ships that I have hanging from my son's ceiling at his grandparents' house. We have glow in the dark stars all over the ceiling and walls, so in partial lighting with the ships hanging there, it looks cool.

Take a look at his ships, etc. at Free Stuff! – Genet Models

They build straight-forward and the textures should stand up to enlarging

And I think everyone should build a Chickenhawk and Samsara (ground vehicle) some time from toposolitario.com
Old 05-03-2018, 03:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Whats your skill level and paper modeling ability?
It might help decide on a model for you.

A 1/48 scale C130 has a 3 foot wingspan!
And I got a few of those I would like to see built up.
But they are not a beginner level model.
If I think you have the skills, I would donate one for you to build.
Show us some photos of stuff you've already done.

You could also consider one of the larger Canon models...maybe a Bird?
They have a big Eagle that is nice.
I think theres a Hawk too with outstretched wings.
Old 05-03-2018, 05:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 263.00 MB
Fiddlers Green has a couple of humongous models. They have a pretty large scale B36, or if want something a little more obscure, their ME 321/323 Gigant is 1/38 scale and has a 56" wingspan. I know this because I was looking at it last night as a project to reduce to 1/87 and even at that scale it has a 24" wingspan.

Mike
Old 05-03-2018, 06:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.20 GB
If you like science fiction, there's the Sulaco from Aliens:
sulaco

If you like airships there's this:
Landships II

And if you're interested in real spacecraft, how about a 1/48 scale Saturn V:
http://papermodelingman.com/saturn_detailed/

And they're all free.
Google Adsense
Old 05-03-2018, 07:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
Hello Alex.

Actually, the simple Howl Moving Castle is a good Idea to hang from the ceiling.

Simple, can be upscaled without problems (great graphics), and looks wonderful.

For a vintage theme, the Moon Palace is a good option too.

But I'm not quite sure this is what you're looking for.

Probably this Enterprise has what you desire: good looks, Not so complex, and a good size to start with. Surely when enlarged it would look even better.

Download from:
https://scannerjoe.deviantart.com/ar...rise-192722944

Instead of a traditional X-Wing, why not a steampunk X-Wing?
That would look awesome!

I guess you could try enlarge it. Graphics look fine and should withstand enlargement.
If not, there's always the option of painting and have some fun modding it to add details.
The author says there are no instructions, but doesn't look so difficult.

Available from:
https://amoebabloke.deviantart.com/a...nload-90228186

The Lower Hudson Valley has some good space and science fiction kits in several styles and degrees of difficulty:
The Lower Hudson Valley Paper Model E-Gift Shop - Gallery Models
They're a great option too.

Kind regards.

Old 05-04-2018, 07:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
The Alan Rose DC-3 can be found in the Downloads tab. It is the front half of the aircraft so you could have it flying out of the ceiling.
Old 05-04-2018, 08:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 417.89 MB
The International Space Station made by AXM Space Models sounds ideal. Lots of detail and no feet

In progress: Canon Alice in Wonderland Tunnel House, Canon A340, Learning Blender
Old 05-22-2018, 08:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 8.94 MB
Thank you all and sorry for being inactive.
Vermin_King it doesnt have to be from a movie. I really liked the samsara model :D I also found some really awesome models in those pages, but i dont think ill do any of them just yet, the x-wing is something im more attached to... airdave here are some of my creations: https://imgur.com/a/Mfe8HmO
I think im a little above a beginner, but it doesnt matter because im not really interested in real airplane models... at least not yet but thank you for wanting to help :D Birds also dont do it for me, sorry :/ cblf49 from the first site, i liked the "CE-5F Defender" but i dont know if i can download it, this site confuses me :P on the second site i found a zeppelin which i tried to find on google but had no success, maybe this will do :D The saturn seems too complicated and the site doesnt help, maybe ill check it later... thank you very much :D Hi ruben :D actually i didnt thought of howls castle but im already building the walking version and i dont know if it would be a good i idea to do the other one aswell, maybe... thank you nevertheless :D The moon palace seems very unique and simple (i dont know if its from a movie or something) but i cant find it anywere :/ Yes the enterprise would do, but im not a star trek fan :/ (at least not yet)
the x-wing idea is awesome! Thanks very much ill keep it in mind. The lower hadson valley has some very nice models indeed! Now i have too many choices xD Thanks again! SCEtoAUX im not interested in this type of papercrafts but thank you :D i think i should have said that im not interested in real airplanes beforehand, sorry :P piginapoke, i checked it out, it looks too complicated for my level, maybe ill leave it for later, but it is beautiful :D Thank you all again for your recommendations. The thing is i stopped doing papercrafts for a while, i overdid it for a month or so and i needed a break, also i had university work, thats why i was inactive, i should be back on making papercrafts soon enough! Then ill see which of these will i start making.
Old 05-23-2018, 05:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Here are a couple of places on PaperModelers with the Moon Palace.
Moon Palace
Some different versions created by people here.

Here is one in post #28
familie-journal-Moon Palace
Google Adsense