PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > First Cuts; A Lounge

Old 10-24-2020, 12:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 118.77 MB
Zig zag / pinking scissors

Has anyone tried using these type of scissors to cut the glue tabs on round/ curved sections. I have shaky hand and find it really difficult fount the many cuts required on these parts
Google Adsense
Old 10-24-2020, 02:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.03 MB
I havn't tried it myself but I can't see why it wouldn't work. Why not try it and let us know how you got on? Cheers!
Old 10-24-2020, 04:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 143.70 MB
i bet it will work well.

I have stopped making tabs and just slit the paper so it will bend to follow the mating piece. The more radical the bend, the closer the slits. But every now and then the buildup causes wrinkles of its own.
Old 10-25-2020, 03:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 34.87 MB
Yes! Many years ago, I purchased two pairs of pinking shears for cutting the 'teeth' on connecting strips. I ran into three problems. First, the resulting teeth were rather wide. This was not so great for anything wrapped into a tight curve. Second, the teeth were too shallow, resulting in relatively low surface area for the connection and a weak joint. Since I mostly build large scale aircraft, this was a real problem. Finally, it was difficult but not impossible to cut accurately along a curved line.

For my purposes, the perfect pinking sheers would produce relatively long, narrow teeth. Alas, I never found a pair of scissors with those qualities. Regardless, I occasionally use the pairs I have because they really do help with hand fatigue, something that continues to plague me.