PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > First Cuts; A Lounge

Old 01-23-2024, 06:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Ripperworks translation to english help request

I have some ripperworks models I'd like to build.

I did a google translation of the following:

Parts marked * with a quarter, parts marked 2 * with two quarters, parts marked with 0.5 ** carton 0.5 mm thick,

What does the following mean:

Parts marked * with a quarter, parts marked 2 * with two quarters

Thanks
Tony
Google Adsense
Old 01-23-2024, 02:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 103.90 MB
That sounds like instructions to laminate the parts with various thicknesses of card, but I’m not sure what thicknesses they are calling for. What model and what scale is it?
Old 01-23-2024, 03:43 PM

Ripper Works RW-35 1:32 scale

What's below is the instructions about cardboard thickness. This part of the instructions are on all the RipperWorks instructions.

I just don't understand what they are referring to about a quarter or two quarters.

Quote:

Parts marked * with a quarter, parts marked 2 * with two quarters, parts marked with 0.5 ** carton 0.5 mm thick, parts marked ** with carton 1 mm thickness, parts marked with 1.5 ** carton thickness 1.5 mm and finally parts marked with *** cardboard with a thickness of 2 mm. The parts that need to be grooved from the back before bending are marked with an empty triangle, the parts that you will be grooved from the face are black.

End quote:
Old 01-23-2024, 07:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 103.90 MB
Well, you’ve stumped me. My best guess is that one “quarter” is one thickness of card stock (like 65#) and two “quarters” would be 2 layers of card stock. But I’m just guessing. I’ve been hunting for a guide that I remember seeing somewhere in the forums, but I’m not finding it so far. Not much help, I’m afraid. ☹️

P.S. Under the forum “Tips and Techniques” there ia a sticky on cardstock properties by mbauer. A lot of info there, may help or may increase your confusion!
Old 01-24-2024, 07:08 AM

The translated text, in the original Czech language, reads:: "Dily označene * podlepte čtvrtkou, dily označene 2* dvéma čtvrtkami..."
From what I managed to find out, the word "čtvrtka" means cardboard with a weight in the range of 200-300 g/m^2
Source: Kreslici karton bily - kladivkova čtvrtka - A4 - 200 ks - bile čtvrtky - vyberte si gramaž | Kramek pro děti

My models:
http://kartonowki.pl/klubowicze/profil/8647
Google Adsense
Old 01-24-2024, 08:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian01 View Post
The translated text, in the original Czech language, reads:: "Dily označene * podlepte čtvrtkou, dily označene 2* dvéma čtvrtkami..."
From what I managed to find out, the word "čtvrtka" means cardboard with a weight in the range of 200-300 g/m^2
Source: Kreslici karton bily - kladivkova čtvrtka - A4 - 200 ks - bile čtvrtky - vyberte si gramaž | Kramek pro děti
Maybe that's what it means. 1 star means laminate to 100gsm card, and 2 stars means laminate to 200gsm card.
Old 01-24-2024, 12:34 PM

I REALLY REALLY appreciate the responses. I've been away from paper modeling for a couple years, got too busy with work and stuff, but I find the hobby sometimes tedious and very therapeutic.
Thank you.