PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > First Cuts; A Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 11:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 709.4 KB
Personally, I prefer Uhu's method, I had trouble figuring it out in the beginning, and almost gave up. but finally, with a nudge or two in the right direction, I got it.

http://dented-rick.deviantart.com/
Old 03-16-2012, 12:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
To add my experience to the conversation, I spent years stumbling through uhu02 site on a hit or miss basis to where I too became disenchanted as some of the message narratives have shown. But, Zathros was that calm small voice I finally heard. I slowed down and finally read all of the text that is spoken of at Zealot and it isn't any mystery at all. Once I slowed my normally manic behavior it took less than 5 min. and then I really didn't realize I had actually read what I needed. It's in plain english and there for everyone to see. After you realize what your not reading, you'll find a new meaning to "not seeing the forest for the trees". At least that's the way it seemed for me.
Alan
Old 03-16-2012, 12:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 517.40 MB
Quote:
Can we keep this from getting nasty?
Quote:
Lets agree to disagree on the method and manner in which uhu02 distributes his models.
I personally think these requests should directed to Zathros only. It's not we, it's him and the proof of this is his last post in this thread. It's not up to us to correct him but the moderators of this site. What kind of a community is this? Sigh...

Still - Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone!

BR Tappi
Old 03-16-2012, 01:05 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapcho View Post
I personally think these requests should directed to Zathros only. It's not we, it's him and the proof of this is his last post in this thread. It's not up to us to correct him but the moderators of this site. What kind of a community is this? Sigh...

Still - Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone!

BR Tappi

"It's not we, it's him
"

What's "him" ?

"It's not up to us to correct him but the moderators of this site
"

Correct "him" (me) of what?

"What kind of a community is this?" This is a great, fantastic, community of people who build, design, look at, offer their expertise in, and share paper models, information about paper models, and much more. It's been like that since Jason started it, and Ricstef has been running it. It's been like that since before I joined in 07-16-2007. It's like that now.

Just join ZEALOT to find the info you need. 99% of you will find it right off.

Hobby Forum
Old 03-16-2012, 01:06 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Tappi,

My comment was directed to all, and it was also a wish to cool tempers.

I am not a fan of the methodology but I can respect the wishes of the designer, plus I have enough kits to keep me happy, that I am just fine.

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Google Adsense
Old 03-16-2012, 02:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 3.37 MB
Uhu02 give his incredible models out "FREE". Uhu02 worked his ass off to made everyone of his models. What do you all did for Uhu02 to deserve his model but stick your hands out? All he require is people go to Zealot, read his post to acquire the password, password that he did not even trying to hide, it is out in the open for people to have. All people have to do is go to Zealot to read his post, just a post. And, people still complain. Incredible!
Old 03-16-2012, 04:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 293.96 MB
OK, I'm gonna say my peace here, and then shut up.

It is my belief that Uhu02 can distribute his models anyway he sees fit. They're HIS. The fact that he chooses to share them in the manner he does, does not make him a bad person, it doesn't make him eliteist, it it simply his own method of doing all he can to prevent his work from getting into the hands of people who would exploit his work for profit to which they are not entitled. YES, it's a pain in the neck, which I personally don't enjoy, but if my own model designs were exploited as his have been in the past, you can bet I would be just as cautious about who was able to get them.
Closed Thread