PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > First Cuts; A Lounge

Old 06-26-2010, 11:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Post japanese translation

i recently found a paper model of a mech, and i dowloaded the pdf for the model and instructions. while i expected there to be some japanese, i did not expect this weird instuction on pennies or weight or something. can anyone help? as this is a pdf, i cannot use google translate. (already tried it)

here is the link to the .pdf: http://jp.chromehounds.com/jp/paper_...a_assembly.pdf
Google Adsense
Old 06-26-2010, 01:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 41.26 MB
Hi, Squirrel;

I don't know much Japanese, but it appears to me that the coins are there to counterbalance the weight of the gun barrel thingies so the guns don't fall off. I can't tell if they are intended to swivel, but if they are, it would be very important that they be balanced.

There are various programs that will extract text from pdf files, some of them freely downloadable, so that might be the way to go if you really get stuck.

I hope this helps.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
japanese translation...roflmao..sorry!...iI couldn't help it...it reminded of Christopher Walken's line "or, as they say in Japanese: ping pong"...hahahahehehehaha...never mind
Old 06-26-2010, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Meek View Post
Hi, Squirrel;

I don't know much Japanese, but it appears to me that the coins are there to counterbalance the weight of the gun barrel thingies so the guns don't fall off. I can't tell if they are intended to swivel, but if they are, it would be very important that they be balanced.

There are various programs that will extract text from pdf files, some of them freely downloadable, so that might be the way to go if you really get stuck.

I hope this helps.
the guns are not intended to swivel. in fact, they aren't even guns, they are internal support. either way, i cant tell for sure that it is recommending coins or what... i like the idea of the pdf stuff you mentioned, though. what programs were you thinking of? the pdf files have been locked, so google did nothing :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdave View Post
japanese translation...roflmao..sorry!...iI couldn't help it...it reminded of Christopher Walken's line "or, as they say in Japanese: ping pong"...hahahahehehehaha...never mind
erm... perhaps...... can you recommend what i should do pertaining to weird japanese instuctions?
Old 06-26-2010, 08:37 PM

In that case, I am afraid I haven't the foggiest... I don't even know what a Mech is, so I probably have no business advising anybody how to build one. Please disregard my advice.

As for the PDF I have been playing around with "Nitro PDF" which I downloaded after learning about it in this forum. I don't know if it will open locked pdf though.
Google Adsense
Old 06-27-2010, 05:33 AM

The instructions says “to balance between fore and aft, bundle up three coins with Scoth tape and glue it on HE-10” but they didn’t say which coin. We have 6 kinds of coins in Japan. The lightest is 1yen made of aluminum and weighs 1gram. Next is 5yen, 3.75grams, then 10yen 4.5grams....
Old 06-27-2010, 07:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
sorry squirrel...just a joke...went over everyone's head obviously...sorry

I concur...place three coins for balance weight, but no indication of just how much weight is required.
(Would have been a better idea to specify a total gram amount.)
Might require assembly and test to determine the correct amount.
Obvioulsy other things can also be used in place of coins (plasticene? putty?)
Old 06-27-2010, 08:18 AM

Well, now I don't feel quite so dumb; the coins are there for balance, at least.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:28 PM

Quote:
In that case, I am afraid I haven't the foggiest... I don't even know what a Mech is, so I probably have no business advising anybody how to build one. Please disregard my advice.

As for the PDF I have been playing around with "Nitro PDF" which I downloaded after learning about it in this forum. I don't know if it will open locked pdf though.
thats alright, you were kind enough to try to help me, so thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Gyokubun View Post
The instructions says “to balance between fore and aft, bundle up three coins with Scoth tape and glue it on HE-10” but they didn’t say which coin. We have 6 kinds of coins in Japan. The lightest is 1yen made of aluminum and weighs 1gram. Next is 5yen, 3.75grams, then 10yen 4.5grams....
Fantastic!!! thanks so much for helping me out! i couldn't continue the build untill i figured it out, as the part i am working on goes inside. thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdave View Post
sorry squirrel...just a joke...went over everyone's head obviously...sorry

I concur...place three coins for balance weight, but no indication of just how much weight is required.
(Would have been a better idea to specify a total gram amount.)
Might require assembly and test to determine the correct amount.
Obvioulsy other things can also be used in place of coins (plasticene? putty?)
thats ok. as far as i can tell, pennies should do fine.

Quote:
Well, now I don't feel quite so dumb; the coins are there for balance, at least.
yeppers, turns out it was coins after all.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:19 PM

i was wondering if i could bother you people with another thing: on steps 1-6, 2-4, 3-4, 4-6, 4-7, and 6-4 have instructions i do not understand... sorry for such a bulk question... anyway, if you can decipher any of them, please respond.
Google Adsense

Tags
chromehounds, japan, mech, pdf, translate