PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > fishBait's Projects

Old 02-08-2013, 03:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.93 MB
Prior to unfolding, the upper casement appears as in Figures 13 and 14. Again, note the curve where it joins the hull, the curves where the sides join the upper deck, and the round curve of the aft casement. A lot of round elements here to be considered. Unfolding the casement walls, we arrive at Figure 15. Here we have the finished, scaled casement ready for painting and texturing with some details (gundoors) already added.

The skeleton of the upper deck has been included and is ready to be detailed.

Next comes the top side structures, details, painting and texturing.

More later!

fishBait
Attached Thumbnails
USS Essex (ACW)-p13.jpg   USS Essex (ACW)-p14.jpg   USS Essex (ACW)-p15.jpg  
Schauen mit den Augen nicht die Hände!
Old 02-08-2013, 06:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Awesome my friend! Great job.
CT
Old 03-04-2013, 10:58 PM

Yo everybody - For those that thought I forgot you, there is an answer as below. For those that did not think that, you are right. In the last post, I showed a graphic of the unfolded casement. After due consideration, I had to answer a critical question. When downloaded, will this result in an accurate model of the USS Essex. Sorry to say, I had to answer "NO!" I had made some assumptions to arrive at an easy unfold that were not valid.

So, back to the drawing board. Tonight, I unveil the corrected casement unfold. Most of you will not see a big difference in this one and the previous, but when built, the difference will stand out. So, back on the track and hopefully, there won't be any other hangups>

fishBait
Attached Thumbnails
USS Essex (ACW)-casementpaint.jpg  
Old 03-12-2013, 09:16 PM

First a MAJOR (at least to me!) announcement. To date, the kits have been published at 200 dpi; now they will be published at 250 dpi. Since the kits are 1:250, this will result in a one-to-one between the kit scale and the print scale. Even though most probably will not be able to tell the difference, it really will produce a better scaled product and make the design process much more easy and accurate. Another indication that fishBait desires to produce the highest possible quality kits.

Final painting has been applied to the casement and top deck. All detail including ladders, side vents, gun door locations, and shutter locations have been added. The casement has been added to the final parts pages. Final painting has been applied to the hull. The sub hull keel and former mounting has also been completed. The hull assembly has been added to the final parts pages. Main deck has been completed with the final painting and detail added. It also has been added to the final parts pages.

Stay tuned,

fishBait
Attached Thumbnails
USS Essex (ACW)-casementfinal.jpg   USS Essex (ACW)-essexhullfinal.jpg   USS Essex (ACW)-maindeck.jpg  
Old 03-16-2013, 06:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 28.80 MB
Looking great! Thanks for the update!
Google Adsense
Old 08-06-2013, 04:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 285.16 MB
The underwater section of the hull looks as if it had some sort of copper sheathing. I might be wrong, but since she operated on the inland waters there was no need to protect her hull against shipworm.
Old 08-10-2013, 02:49 PM

Just a note to bring you up to date on the USS Essex and my website ModelsnMoore.com. You have probably noticed my extended absence from the forum as well as stagnation on my website. This has been caused by a long period of health issues. These issues have precluded me from participating in most of the things I love to do. At last, I think I can see the end of the tunnel. It seems that we have finally isolated the root causes of my problems and they can be corrected through surgery. If all goes right, I should be in surgery in the next week or so. Given time for recovery and I should be back on the beam and able to finish the USS Essex.

Thanks for your patience!

fishBait

Note to Kazziga - Saw your comment. Not able to look it up right now but will get back to you later.
Old 08-10-2013, 03:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
All the best, sir
Old 08-10-2013, 03:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 285.16 MB
Good luck with your surgery fishBait. I hope everything will be fine soon.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:09 PM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Good luck to you, I wish you a speedy recovery.
Google Adsense