PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Fokker E.III Challenge

Old 06-25-2010, 11:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hi all
Thanks for the encouragement!
Douglas, I just masked the skins off, sprayed and then wiped. The first set I did ended up being scrapped as the masking tape was pressed on too hard instead of just at the edge. Being the dummy that I am, instead of gently pulling the tape away, it was done quickly and pulled up paper with it. The second set was all in place (glued down etc) when I got called away by my other half. I had a bandage on my finger from a slice the other day and it got soaked in water. Anyways....it wasn't dry when I handled the model so there went set 2. Those pics above are the result of 3 trys! So Chris...I had 3 tries to get it right and those pics are not all that close up!!

Douglas, you have me scared now! Should the fairings be enlarged you think? I can't wait to see your pics.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 243.49 MB
Well, I guess that can be one of the beauties of this forum. One set of pictures of a beautiful, clean build. :D Nobody has to know that those are pictures of try number 3, 4 or more.

I know how you feel, Ron. I had to build the framework twice and still had issues. I think I solved it with a little sanding, but yeah, frustrating.

Your final product in these pictures looks great!! I'm enjoying seeing your build.

Jeff
Old 06-25-2010, 02:54 PM

Hi all

I found a few photos that might help us out a bit. The first is just a look at the rigging above the cockpit although it's a poor photo. The second, believe what you're seeing, is a head-rest! The other 3 are just cockpit internals and some really strange looking work on the cowling / fairing

All the best
Ron
Attached Thumbnails
Let the Fokker Scourge Begin!-e3photo1.jpg   Let the Fokker Scourge Begin!-e3photo2.jpg   Let the Fokker Scourge Begin!-e3photo4.jpg   Let the Fokker Scourge Begin!-e3photo5.jpg   Let the Fokker Scourge Begin!-e3photo6.jpg  

Last edited by Ron0909; 06-25-2010 at 02:59 PM. Reason: forgot the images
Old 06-25-2010, 02:56 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
well you could at least share the pics you big tease :P heh heh
Old 06-25-2010, 03:02 PM

HAHAHAHA You must have just clicked on it the second after I posted. Fast on the draw Chris!!
Old 06-25-2010, 03:03 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
heh heh - nice pics! Thanks
Old 06-25-2010, 03:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 243.49 MB
I thought you might like a picture of your bird "In Action".
Attached Thumbnails
Let the Fokker Scourge Begin!-ron.jpg  
Old 06-25-2010, 07:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
Wow - that fairing is really different than any of the pictures or drawings I have seen. The cockpit pictures are great.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:07 PM

Hi guys...
I think that we can probably all agree that each and every set of fairings are/were different. I even saw a picture of a E.III with a completely round cowling, a machine gun still with a stock and to top it off, the bloody headrest I'm betting that things were evolving so quickly with these machines that a lot of them (the fairings etc) were made on the fly (excuse the pun ) Does anyone have a good diagram or photo of the way the rigging was attached to that support system above the MG? Jeff, thanks for the picture!
It's going to help come rigging time!

Talk soon
Ron
Old 06-25-2010, 10:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
I agree Ron there are other differences between aircraft as well. i.e. wheels, gun sights, instrumentation etc . . . not going to worry about it and just enjoy the build.

Here are some pictures that might help.
Attached Thumbnails
Let the Fokker Scourge Begin!-eiii-e.jpg   Let the Fokker Scourge Begin!-eiii-j.jpg   Let the Fokker Scourge Begin!-eiii-p.jpg   Let the Fokker Scourge Begin!-eiii-s.jpg   Let the Fokker Scourge Begin!-eiii-t.jpg  

Let the Fokker Scourge Begin!-fok_e-iii-7.jpg   Let the Fokker Scourge Begin!-fokker_e3_3v.jpg   Let the Fokker Scourge Begin!-fokker_e3_front_bottom.jpg   Let the Fokker Scourge Begin!-fokkerm8monoplane191580hpoberursel.jpg  
Google Adsense