PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Fokker E.III Challenge

Old 06-26-2010, 07:08 AM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
great references! someone is gonna have to compile all this into one place when we are done with the builds!
Old 06-26-2010, 08:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
This is turning into a lot of fun and a great learning experience! Wouldn't it be nice to be paid for this? It would be the ultimate job! Sorry...I was just thinking of those useless actors that get zillions for having fun
Well..I'm really glad to have been able to follow in other's footsteps. I'm there now with cowling and fairings in place. I'm debating using one of Richard Schulten's engines or the one that came stock. Any opinions? I used one in the D.VI and it came out pretty good I think.

Here's a few more pics thus far. Thanks for the reference pictures! They are going to be worth their weight in gold come rigging time.

Talk soon
Ron
Attached Thumbnails
Let the Fokker Scourge Begin!-fokker_eiii_udet-8.jpg   Let the Fokker Scourge Begin!-fokker_eiii_udet-9.jpg   Let the Fokker Scourge Begin!-fokker_eiii_udet-10.jpg   Let the Fokker Scourge Begin!-fokker_eiii_udet-11.jpg   Let the Fokker Scourge Begin!-fokker_eiii_udet-12.jpg  

Let the Fokker Scourge Begin!-fokker_eiii_udet-13.jpg  
Old 06-26-2010, 10:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
That's really sweet Ron. Your construction method for the front of the aircraft is very different than mine. I'll have try that on the next one. I used the Richard Schulten engine for my build. It turned out OK. I'm sure if you build it it will look fantastic.

I'm enjoying the build as well. The best part is seeing how others build the same thing and learning from that. The rigging pictures are the best I can find. Building the pulleys should be fun.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 243.49 MB
Wow, Ron! This is really looking great!!!
I look forward to seeing more on this!
Old 06-27-2010, 04:04 PM

Thanks you two Now that that is done with, I have a machine gun par excellence to keep up with! The quality of workmanship in this forum from everyone never ceases to amaze me and make me want to lay down my tools. While looking through a Profile publication I saw a painted profile of the E.III with a notation stating that it was based on the E.III in the UK Science Museum. What is really neat is that the fairings in the drawing are almost exactly like those in our model! I'm praying I'm not a tool and that someone hasn't already pointed this out. The museum has a fair number of *really* good images on their website German Fokker E III Monoplane, 1915. - Home - Science Museum
I've attached a clip from the Profile book so you can see what I'm mumbling about

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
Let the Fokker Scourge Begin!-e3photo7.jpg  
Old 06-27-2010, 05:11 PM

I've seen it, thanks. There are some great pictures of the undercarriage that should prove helpful. It is unbelievable how complex this little machine looks without any skin.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:07 PM

Hi Guys

Not much to add here but I figured I'd post a bit anyways so you guys don't forget about us e.III builders We need some more folks to join in! In regard to my e.III, I've added another strip to the cowl so it doesn't look so chopped and started in on the engine. As others have done, I used Richard Schulten's Oberusel U.I instead of the stock kit.

More to come soon..sorry wife is naggin' to go out

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
Let the Fokker Scourge Begin!-fokker_eiii_udet-14.jpg   Let the Fokker Scourge Begin!-fokker_eiii_udet-15.jpg  
Old 07-02-2010, 01:13 PM

The engine looks great Ron. I think the cowling looks better with the additional piece.
Old 07-02-2010, 02:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 243.49 MB
Ron,

Great looking engine. I hope to get back to mine in a couple of weeks. I agree with B the extra cowling piece really helps.

Jeff