PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Fokker E.III Challenge

Old 06-17-2010, 08:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
That is a good point guys - thanks. It is flush with the end of the deck now.

I did move the seat forward before I put in the tank. If I do have a fit problem I'll cut a hole in the former or cut off the back of the tank. You'll only be able to see a bit of the the front of it once the skin is on anyway.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
That tank adds so much realism to the rest of the cockpit. I want to get my hands on an old flying boat kit (as soon as it gets designed) just so I can model one too! Actually, if you don't mind...I'm going to copy your innovation in my EIII when I build one. Talk about inspiring! Your model is going to look great

Ron
Old 06-17-2010, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron0909 View Post
That tank adds so much realism to the rest of the cockpit. I want to get my hands on an old flying boat kit (as soon as it gets designed) just so I can model one too! Actually, if you don't mind...I'm going to copy your innovation in my EIII when I build one. Talk about inspiring! Your model is going to look great

Ron
Thanks Ron.

I plan to add a few details to the cockpit. The kit is pretty plain in this area. I've added the fuel tank as you can see (and encourage all to do) and plan to add the engine air intake, compass, and manual engine start air compressor.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:37 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
Question for you... I have never made an engine with these rolled up type cylinders.... do you start it with a piece of wire in the middle or kinda fold it over on itself to get started? What weight paper did you use?
Thanks!
Chris
Old 06-20-2010, 08:46 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
Never mind - did a search over on Z and found Russells fokker build I get it now - heading downstairs to get the dowel set! After I am done cutting anyhow
Chris
Old 06-20-2010, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgutzmer View Post
Never mind - did a search over on Z and found Russells fokker build I get it now - heading downstairs to get the dowel set! After I am done cutting anyhow
Chris
65lbs card wrapped around a drill bit

Old 06-21-2010, 01:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 40.66 MB
Your Fokker is absolutely not similar to the one you show on the photography : it has no dust !!! May be in some years... :D
Old 06-22-2010, 08:41 PM

I've pretty much finished with the cockpit.

I rebuilt the stick (it was too thick), added some detail to the panel, added a tachometer, engine intake, fuel pump, and fuel cock.

I could add the starter, barometer and and a couple of other things but it is getting a little crowed in there. I'll have to think about it.

I also painted the forward bulkhead with diamond dust lacquer then gave it a quick shot of flat black from a distance for the speckled effect. Not terribly accurate but I like it.
Attached Thumbnails
Captured Fokker E.III (210/16)-fc-00.jpg   Captured Fokker E.III (210/16)-fc-01.jpg  
Old 06-22-2010, 09:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Now that is awesome. I'm kicking myself for not changing out that weird wood pattern for real wood textures like yours. I was just looking again as I was typing this and I can't believe the amount of detail you packed in!

Ron
Old 06-22-2010, 10:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
Masterful work. It's a real joy to watch this build. It just keeps getting better and better. I envy your skill and patience!
Chris
Google Adsense