PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Fokker E.III Challenge

Old 06-10-2010, 02:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 113.24 MB
I think that pattern on the Aluminum parts was just hand-hammering the parts over a wooden buck. On a smaller-scale plastic model I just drew some squiggles and circles with a silver sharpie on the metal parts. I'm not sure that would work in 1/33 though.
Wayne
Attached Thumbnails
Fokker E.III. (381/15) Turkish Air Service Summer 1916-100_0210a.jpg  
Old 06-10-2010, 03:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Be it plastic or whatever Wayne, that looks like a very, very nice Eindecker! Chris,
don't worry so much about the silver. I'm going to try to do a cowling/burnishing tutorial in the next 2 days or so. I'll show you how I did my ersatz aluminuminum Seriously, it's as simple as a trip to the hardware store for a cheap can of paint.
Let the Scourge Begin!!!
Old 06-10-2010, 03:39 PM
cModerator

Total Downloaded: 37.66 MB
Send a message via AIM to cMags
Quote:
Originally Posted by wag View Post
I think that pattern on the Aluminum parts was just hand-hammering the parts over a wooden buck. On a smaller-scale plastic model I just drew some squiggles and circles with a silver sharpie on the metal parts. I'm not sure that would work in 1/33 though.
Wayne
Cool ides. I may try the metallic paper and silver sharpie route if I join the foray with a 1:72 Eindecker.
Put on hold build (someday I'll finish): F-35A Lightning II 1:72
Previous builds: cMags' Card Model Builds
Old 06-16-2010, 08:19 AM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
formers done and cockpit installed!

Everything fit together guite well. I had to make a couple of the slots a bit longer for everything to flush up and I have to trim the cockpit walls a bit shorter for some reason. I dont know how you guys cut out stuff as small as the yoke handle.... I tried twice and wrecked it both times. I ended up using my paper drill and made a 1.5 mm hole then used the 2.5 mm bit to make a donut that I squashed a bit worked well for me!

I used water color pencils for edge coloring. I am very happy with it. here is my main issue with it though... its WATERcolor. Glue is WATER based. Get a bit of glue on the parts you "painted" and its easy to spread it around.

I am particularly pleased with the edge coloring on the instrument panel - see how well it matched up with the color of the parts. I am thinking black here may have made a better deliniation on the panel though Also the last two pics show the thickened top of the fuselage. I showed a pic from the top to show how well the water colors matched up and I showed a pic from the bottom so you can see how well it covered.
Thanks
Chris
Attached Thumbnails
Fokker E.III. (381/15) Turkish Air Service Summer 1916-fokkereiii1.jpg   Fokker E.III. (381/15) Turkish Air Service Summer 1916-fokkereiii2.jpg   Fokker E.III. (381/15) Turkish Air Service Summer 1916-fokkereiii3.jpg   Fokker E.III. (381/15) Turkish Air Service Summer 1916-fokkereiii4.jpg   Fokker E.III. (381/15) Turkish Air Service Summer 1916-fokkereiii5.jpg  

Fokker E.III. (381/15) Turkish Air Service Summer 1916-fokkereiii6.jpg   Fokker E.III. (381/15) Turkish Air Service Summer 1916-fokkereiii7.jpg  
Old 06-16-2010, 08:26 AM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Coming along very nicely Chris. I don't think your skills are as rusty as you think.

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Google Adsense
Old 06-16-2010, 08:31 AM
Design Admin

My main issue right now is my vision :( it has degraded and I need to get reading glasses.... Might need to get magnifiers too.... :(

thanks for the compliment though!
Chris
Old 06-16-2010, 09:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
Looks pretty good to me Chris. I gave up on the paper yoke and made one from wire.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:01 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
building up quite nicely, Chris! The edge coloring is very good.
I'm following this as I'd like to start one of these. Didn't think I'd have time but...
Old 06-16-2010, 11:37 AM
Design Admin

I was wondering how you cut it out so darn fine! Pretty sneaky there

Hope ya get one going! The larger the squadron we have flying the better!
Chris
Old 06-16-2010, 08:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 243.49 MB
Chris,

This is looking great thus far! ...nice clean build. Hey, I had a hard time with the yoke, too. I used a number 11 blade and chipped away at it. I have a big magnifying glass with a 60 watt bulb in it. Getting old is rough...I don't recommend it for the faint of heart.

Keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing more of yours.

Jeff
Google Adsense