PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 02-13-2008, 10:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 474.31 MB
Blockade Runner Teaser

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but there is a second Civil War paper model ship released by mms Papermodels on the Civil War Papermodel page:
http://www.myspace.com/mmpapermodels

It's the blockade runner "TEASER"; this is a fine looking design and, being the second model designed and released by this very talented paper modeler, I am looking forward to his next project.

Cheers!
Jim
Attached Thumbnails
Blockade Runner Teaser-teazer.jpg  

Last edited by jimkrauzlis; 02-13-2008 at 10:42 PM.
Google Adsense
Old 02-13-2008, 11:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
I agree another very nice looking model. Unfortunately my Zone Alarm firewall says the download link is to a hazardous site/server.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thanks, Jim. Another one for the collection. Even a couple of crew figures! Hope he keeps going. There are plenty of ACW ships to choose from. Problem is, I haven't built the CSS David or USS Mendota yet! Plus, I've got Renova's Hunley in transit as well! Too many toys, not enough time!

Cheers,
Mike
Old 02-14-2008, 01:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
I can hardly wait to see what he releases next....these are little gems. Will look good along with the Hunley. Papermodelstore.com has the Renoval Hunley available....I got my copy last week and added to the 'must build' pile.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 474.31 MB
Hi, Guys!

Sorry, B-Manic, although I had no such warning when I accessed the site and downloaded the model...wonder what that's about? Maybe the site is suspect due to some earlier problems on other member pages? If you send me your email address I can forward the model files, if you want.

Mike, I have the same problem...so many models, so little time.:(

Darwin, I also ordered the Hunley kit. I checked out the other Hunley sites; I am in Charleston presently, concluding a business trip, and got the chance last night to visit the Charleston Museum where they have a Hunley replica outside the main entrance apparently based on what she was believed to look like before the actual craft was recently recovered. There are a few differences, as you will note if you Google Hunley and find the various sites that show her earlier and now current configuration after the excavation. I did not, unfortunately, have time to visit the Hunley memorial to see what they have on the actual ship, but the web pages out there are the next best thing.

Did anyone get the earlier Hunley paper model that was bouncing around before the actual ship was recovered? I had the files a while back but now, after two crashes, I can't seem to find the files...perhaps on some CD I burned a few years ago, but they are in storage somewhere. Even though it was the earlier configuration, and as I recall not a very high resolution graphic, it was at one time the only paper model out there.

The Renova kit looks great, pretty much based on the actual ship, although I have read there are some details that might be off, like the rivits. I gather the actual ship has flush rivits, while the kit has them raised. Otherwise, the overall appearance seems right on.

My friend here in Charleston told me when they recovered Hunley a while back they had a procession down main street in Charleston which was well attended by many in period dress. I am told, if you took a vantage point that blocked out the modern traffic signs, etc., the scene was pretty much just like it would have appeared during the Civil War since the buildings have been pretty much kept in the same appearance by the local historical preservation society. Driving through Charleston last night I can see what he meant, they have preserved the old appearance fairly well; truely a very attractive town!

If anyone builds one of these models ya'll better post some photos for the rest of us to see. We're very lucky some of these very innovative designs are becoming available in paper models, they are extremely interesting subjects.

Cheers!
Jim
Google Adsense
Old 02-14-2008, 10:34 AM

Thanks Jim. I downloaded it anyway. Apparently the site is a phishing site (for myspace passwords) but the link is directly to the file so no harm done.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
I'm in the same boat as others; these fine boats, the David, the Hunley. All waiting to be built! I sure hope he keeps going on these. I'd love to see some of the other dozen or more Civil War submarines!
Chris
Old 02-14-2008, 12:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
I've also got Paper Shipwright's USS Monitor, CSS Virginia and Mortar Boat No.10 plus half-a-dozen 1/600 metal ACW ships to build yet. There's also a 1/150 Monitor out there with over 1100 parts, including full interior, that I'd like to get. Like I don't already have enough to keep me occupied for the next century or two!

Cheers,
Mike
Old 02-14-2008, 12:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 31.99 MB
I have talked to David Hathaway about doing more civil war subjects and he is interested but wayyyy busy. We may someday see one of the big monitors. This work from Sweden is very exciting and I hope we see a build thread soon.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:12 PM

If anyone is interested there is some good info and links for the Hunley here including a 1/24th scale drawing

http://home.att.net/~JVNautilus/Hunley.html
Google Adsense