PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 10-24-2010, 07:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 58.50 MB
Good idea, dziękuje was.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 89.45 MB
Are the passwords for these protected pdf's obvious?
Old 10-24-2010, 10:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 517.40 MB
There are no passwords. I registered and downloaded and the files open just fine.

Tappi
Old 04-01-2011, 02:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 4.63 GB
I searched for
판옥선 전개도
and found the pictures of a built up paper model of the PANOKSON.
Unfortunately, I am still unable to locate a download file of this highly desirable paper model.
The link on the original site still appears to be broken.

This appears to be the designers blog, but it hard to navigate since it is in Korean and very script heavy.

Á¾À̸ðÇü ÀüÅëÇѼ± ÀÚÀÛÇϱâ [¹æÆм±] - 5(Àü°³µµ ä»ö) :: ³×À̹ö ºí·Î±×

It shows the design of the Shield Ship.

If enough people are interested in the model, sooner or later one of us may stumble across it during out walks around the internet.
Attached Thumbnails
How to get that Kobukson?-download.jpeg   How to get that Kobukson?-download_008.jpg   How to get that Kobukson?-download_009.jpeg   How to get that Kobukson?-download_010.jpg   How to get that Kobukson?-pos-ship_032.jpg  

Last edited by John Wagenseil; 04-01-2011 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Panokson: An unobtainable object of desire: An up date
Old 05-11-2012, 07:36 AM

Kobukson Reposted but access is passworded

??? > ??? > ???? ??? - ???

The long dissapeared model of the Kobukson appears to have been recently (end of 2011) reposted at the end of page 2 of the link given above.

The instructions can be downloaded, but access to the Kobukson requires a pasword for this Korean site. Are there any Korean speakers or Google translator experts willing to try to access this spectacular model and give the rest of us instructions on how to get to it.

I built the Turtle Ship which turned out to be a very impressive model and am planning on doing the Sheild Ship one of these days. However the most impressive one of the bunch is the large Kobukson.
Google Adsense
Old 05-11-2012, 11:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 517.40 MB
You can access Kobukseon via PaperMau: Papermau: Korean Turtle Ship - by How Paper Cafe - Barco de Guerra Antigo - no password. Seven images and PDF instructions. On the Korean site there's some mixup with files. I have access to the area that requires login but the file I found there was just the same instruction file as on the previous page.

Tappi
Old 05-11-2012, 12:52 PM

I made a mistake:
actually what I meant to post was that the PANOKSON might have been reposted, but is in a password protected part of the Korean Paper Model Site.

The Korean designer "ddeng001" released at least three ships, a shield ship, the turtle ship, and the largest and most complex one, the Panokson, or commanders ship.
Last year, the turtle ship is easily accessible, the shield ship was password protected, and the Panokson had disappeared.

The new links let you download the Panokson instructions, and might lead to the Panokson model if you can figure out how to register at the site and get the password to the model download.

I should not have typed before coffee.

Tappi, hanks for taking another look at the site and for posting PaperMau's link to the Turtle ship.

And my appologies again for creating confusion between the Panokson and Kobukson downloads.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 89.45 MB
I just had the good fortune to spend a little under two weeks in Korea, and I have an album of photos taken at the Korean War Memorial, including a ridiculously large number of obsessive photos of the Kobukseon and Panokseon reconstructions. I didn't realize till I left and looked at the pamphlet that the Kobukson reconstruction here is subscale, in the scale of 1:2.5.

1 - War Memorial pictures by davelant - Photobucket
Old 05-16-2012, 11:00 AM

@ Davelant

Thanks for sharing all of your pictures, the number is not too large, it is just barely enough!

They really show that Asian ship building ideas were much much different than European ship building. The internally crossed braced hull and ships being sculled not rowed are just two of the differences.

Thanks again.